Story 41- Hunger Games (Part 4)

The rest of the time waiting for the battle of all the tributes, Zoe admired Alana from afar. She couldn't help it- why wouldn't anyone? Zoe practiced more on her stealth and rapid movements, and she saw Alana "aim". Being in love with this mysterious girl, she didn't tell Alana's truth. She was not about to risk getting her in trouble.

And the more time she crushed on her, the more Dustin tried to help her out. Being from District 3, aka the "professionals", they all had a ritual of teaming up so they had a better chance to win. Zoe was smart however. She saw every year how that ended up in heartbreaking massacres and trauma. She'd always push Dustin away with a no thank you, and the last night she spent at a bed in her room, she decided she would win for everyone.

And now where was she?

She was standing on her podium, her fists clenched and heart beating out of her chest. Dressed in brown-colored jeans and a green tanktop, she her hair picked in a high-ponytail, she thought of what Percy told her and Dustin.

'Remember,' he said, 'don't try to go to the Cornucopia. If you really want to, then get the one that's closest to you, or farthest from the rest. Don't team with anyone, it'll only affect you and pain you forever, take it from me.'

But next thing she knew, they were counting down.

5

4

3

2

1

BEGIN

Zoe decided to take the second option in hand and ran towards the closest thing to her- a bookbag. As Zoe set her hands on the bag, some other person tried to snatch it from her. Her immediate instinct was so knee them in the balls and run off with the bag into the forest.

The only reason Zoe was wearing green and brown was to blend in with her surroundings. Her make-up artist told her that it would help her out, and made sure it seemed to match in some way. 

As Zoe ran, she heard people coming out from behind her. She kept running and running until she felt herself slow down and soon get tired, so she found a bush and jumped into it. She landed on a bunch of twigs and thorns, which made her want to yelp, but slapped her hand on her mouth as she herd the footsteps run farther.

"I think she went that way!" A male voice called.

The others seemed to agree as they ran off to where they thought Zoe had left off to.

Zoe sighed in relief and pain as she moved a bit, seeing some blood already on her arms from the thorns. She looked inside her bag- an empty water bottle, a pocket knife, and some berries.

Zoe stayed in the bush until she waited for no more noises to be heard, and only silence replaced it. In the meantime, she ripped off some leaves and wrapped when around the scratches on her arms. She got up and walked to the nearest stream (which she made to when she felt her legs starting to exhaust) and fill it with water. She then cleared the water and sipped. She spent the rest of the day wandering around the forest and hearing screams of bloody murder until she it turned extremely dark and she found another bush and hid in it, and missed most of the thorns. She saw those who were brutally murdered, which was already 11 of them.

Emmett Forrest(District 7)

Charlie Price(District 5)

Piper McLean(District 4)

Sonny de la Vega(District 10)

John Laurens(District 6)

Jason Dean(District 5)

Chloe Valentine(District 6)

Fiyero Tigelaar(District 2)

Justin Laboy(District 8)

Anne Wheeler(District 10)

Maureen Johnson(District 7)

if you name every one of these from their musical in order in the comments you guys can give me any idea for a chapter and I'll write it!

Zoe then went to sleep as she saw Alana was still alive, and she and her were doing good so far.

The next day when Zoe woke up, she decided to eat half of her berries (since she forgot to eat yesterday), and continued to walk. She did that the whole day before she exhausted herself that night and hid in another bush, and fell asleep after seeing the anthem that no one appeared in.

The third day is when things got crazy.

Zoe woke up hungry and quenched, so she drank all her water and refilled it, and ate the rest of her berries. She went to find another spot to sleep since she was getting really uncomfortable in sleeping in a bush, freezing the whole night. 

As Zoe walked, she heard some footsteps, and she stopped moving. She turned around and saw some kid running towards her, a bow and arrow in hand. Zoe shrieked and ran away, being faster than him, had time to scurry up a tree took the pocket knife out of her bookbag and searched for the boy.

"There you are!"

Zoe looked down and saw the kid.

Except the kid was Dustin.

"Dustin, what are you doing?" Zoe asked anxiously as she saw Dustin set an arrow in his bow.

"I need to win. I need to win. I need to win." He said, aiming it at Zoe.

He let go, and the arrow launched past Zoe as she ducked and jumped onto another branch to the other side of the tree.

Dustin ran from the ground until he was under her and tried to aim at her again, missing again. Zoe was about to jump to another tree nearby when she saw someone swiftly run by the forest, two bookbags in hand and ripped jeans.

Alana.

Zoe was zoned back in with shattering pain in her stomach. Zoe gasped for air as she felt it leave her, and her vision blur and she became dizzy. She felt herself fall off the tree and wind hit her as she did, and she thumped on the ground, knocked unconscious.