0.00 | PROLOGUE

[ In This Shirt - The Irrepessibles ]

Blood turned to ice as her heart skipped a beat. Rose fumbled to hold the bundle of blankets closer to her own warmth. Heavy droplets of rain splattered across the large rounded windows that circled them. As everything around her suddenly edged into a blur, then focusing once more her tears streamed. Within her dainty arms, the child did not stir.

Time ticked onwards.

"We can't turn back the time, Rose." Wearily eyes of the man with a long white beard stared into her own. "We must protect the future." He turned his attention to the soft whine that erupted within the blankets.

Cradling the bundle closer, begging that the child would not wake, Rose stared up at the ceiling. Gold entwined with white danced across in all sorts of shapes, gracing the features of the large crystal chandelier. "I don't want to let go." It was the way her voice cracked and was woven in pain that had the man edging closer. "Please." She cried.

"Rose," careful with his words and his steps as the woman backed into the corner. "She will die if you don't do this." All she could do was rock her arms, glancing at the soft face of her own daughter. Swallowing, her throat burned as she took the memory in.

The final memory.

Snapping her face to the man, strength proving weak as she tried to hold back her tears. "Fine." Relief filled him. "You promise me one thing." Not responding with words, she knew he was truly listening. "You keep her safe. Safe from this world's darkest of corners."

Panic ran through her as the child let out a cry. Attempting her best to calm, Rose watched hastily as the man watched the bundle. Speaking after a few savoured moments, "I promise you." Horror fulfilled her as he looked deep at her, "Your highness."

Words that would haunt her dreams.

Glass smashing and the wind singing startled them, and within her arms, the child screams began. "You must go now." There was urgency in his every word. The large oak doors began to rattle, mixed with voices of those unknown. "Now Rose."

With those words, she disapparated, leaving Albus Dumbledore to fend for himself.

She had no time to think as she forced her burning legs to carry her and the bundle forwards. Running, the branches she attempted to pushed away, stung her cheek as they stabbed at her. The pain was the last thing on her mind. Yet, as she came to a sudden stop, breaking free of the woods, a small thatched cottage tore at her heart.

The end was near.

Instinctually, Rose clutched her daughter closer to her, savouring their final embrace. Trudging towards, darkness hid them well. Flowers and bushes lined their path as the house came into full view. Heavily like. The house looked down at them with pity as Rose sucked in a cry. No light admitted from the home and Rose thought, good. Make this easier. Suddenly, the blankets stirred and a small and pale hand slipped out, grasping at her mother's finger. It took all of her effort to not scream in pain as her heart swelled.

She took her final steps.

Every step she took sent daggers across her body and as she faced the small oak door, she could not help but allow the pain to consume her. Sinking to her knees, she pulled her child away from her. Strings snapped as she laid upon the doorway.

Watching as her child cried out softly, Rose dug into her pocket pulling out two items. The letter she had such little time to pour her heart into laid next to blankets, while a crystal held by a cold silver chain was rested upon.

Hope was her only strength.

Backing away, her heart broke into tiny shatters, flowing into the wind. One final tear broke through. "I'm sorry. My dreams will be only be consumed of you and your father as this day will haunt me." Hoovering over her child, she laid one final kiss, "I will always love you, my princess Bambi."

With the wind at her side, Rose was instantly gone.

(A:N) I take no right to any magical place or any character in Harry Potter. That right belongs J.K. Rowling - even if she's a bitch. I do not intend to go steal/copy or plagiarism her work or any photos that I upload. However, I do take rights in my own characters and plot. Now further a do, welcome to the Princess of Magic.