Masquerade

Still trapped in the room, I lie down, resting my head on Katherine's lap, surprised when she doesn't push me off

" The three of us together just like old times. The brother who loved me too much and the one that didn't love me enough".

Annoyed, I add on the end, "And the Lockwood werewolf that everyone seems to forget about." She chuckles and starts to play with my hair.

"And the evil slut vampire who only loved herself." She sighs, staring at him as if she was upset, while her fingers continue to comb through my hair.

"What happened to you Damon? You used to be so sweet and polite."

I snorted through my nose, making an extremely unattractive noise. " Damon, sweet? Polite? Dam, I would pay to see that Damon." I drift off.

"Oh, that Damon died a long time ago" Damon replies, half-heartedly.

" Good. He was a bore."She says, brushing the subject off.

"He still is a bore," I say, as she smirks down at me.

"Oh, why don't you two stop antagonising each other? You to Evie, you're acting too much like Tyler." I cringe at the comparison to my brother.

"Gosh, someone drank a sour blood bag," I say, sounding like I had actually tried one.

"Where is the moonstone?" Katherine asks, changing the subject.

"What do you want with it?" Stefan asks, snappily. Katherine's hands pause momentarily in my hair.

"Does Elena enjoy having both of you worship at her alter?"Katherine asks, sounding half curious.

Stefan looks at Damon hastily, looking back at Katherine again.

"That was really desperate, Katherine. Don't you think that we can see right through you?" Stefan asks as if questioning her sanity. In his mind he probably was, I mean. this is Stefan Salvatore we are talking about.

"So it doesn't bother you that Damon's in love with your girlfriend?" Katherine asks, her voice monotone.

I release an exasperated sigh, sitting up from Katherine to grab another scotch, "Guess the Devie ship's never gonna sail," I say, earning a laugh from Katherine and a glare from Damon while Stefan merely rolls his eyes.

"Oh, stop it"Stefan says to the both of us.

"Or what, you'll hurt me?" Katherine asks, standing up."Come on, Stefan. Everything that I feel, Elena feels, so go ahead." She turns to look at Damon. "Or better yet, kiss me, Damon. She'll feel that too."

I fake whimper, before adding on the end, " Ship sinking", Stefan sighs at my child-like antics.

"You know, this whole Mason thing has me a bit confused. Why a werewolf? The moonstone can break a curse that would help them destroy all vampires so what's in that for you?" I frown in confusion when I hear my Uncle's name mentioned. Katherine looks at me, sending me a comforting smile.