Hybrid failures

We walk up the mountains, well, Stefan and Klaus walk... Stefan carries Ray bridal style whilst Klaus is carrying me on his back.

"My legs hurt." I groan, burying my head into Klaus's neck as he chuckles.

"Love, you haven't walked at all, I have carried you this whole time because you didn't want to get your boots dirty."I huff.

"Well, it's more exhausting to watch you walk than it is to actually walk," Stefan cracks the slightest of smiles.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?"Klaus asks, mocking Stefan.

"I'm fine," Stefan replies, robotically.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..." Klaus says, letting the end of his sentence drift as I nuzzle my head deeper into his warm neck, allowing his scent to infiltrate my nose.

" You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great," Stefan says, looking straight ahead.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend"Klaus says, as I laugh, lightly nipping Klaus's ear as he squeezes my thigh lovingly.

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." Stefan says, hoisting Ray up sightly.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There." Klaus says,removing one hand from my leg to point into the distance,

We come to an abrupt stop. I guess we found the pack's camp. Stefan enters their camp. Everyone looks at him. He puts Ray on the ground. A woman rushes over to him.

" Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?" The woman asks, her words all spilling into each other hazardously.

Klaus places me on the ground, helping me to my feet before joining Stefan.

"The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus." Klaus says, how ever did I get mated to someone so 'modest'.

"You're the hybrid." The woman states, her voice a mixture between shock and fear, allowing Klaus to smile.

"So you've heard of me."Klaus says mischievously...

________________________________________________________________

Klaus and Stefan are sitting on a log, myself sat on Klaus's lap, his arms wrapped around my waste lovingly. Everyone is standing still, looking at Klaus and listening, alert.

" It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid" Klaus says, smirking at his audience.

"You only find it fascinating because it's about you," I say as he slaps my leg playfully.

"Drop the attitude, Mrs, you're starting to sound like Stefan."I grin as Stefan scoffs.

Very suddenly, Ray wakes up, breathing heavily.

"Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic" Klaus states as I lean further into his muscular chest.

"What's happening to me?" Ray asks, panicking.

"Stefan?"Klaus asks/commands.

Stefan stands up from the log, unwillingly.

"Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die" Stefan asks, looking at all of the werewolves around him.