Off The Bridge

"Couch" Caroline instructs as soon as we set foot on the Gilbert property

" I'm fine. I just...I want something to eat first." She replies, making a bee line towards the kitchen.

"You're right," I pause, following behind, "Chinese food does seem really appetising right now." Caroline shakes her head at me, trying very hard to hide her grin and replace it with a Motherly frown, telling me how I'm going to end up fat.

"We're on it, as soon as we make sure no one is lurking in the closets." Tyler says, sticking his tongue out at me.

"All right, couch, now!" Caroline commands, grabbing Elena by the shoulders and dragging her into the living room. I smirk, following slowly behind and plonking myself down in the single armchair."Doctor says rest, you rest." Caroline continues, throwing a big furry blanket towards her head.

"Now, what can I get you? Do you want some tea, maybe some vodka? Both will help you sleep." I scoff, seeing Elena stare at Caroline as if she were looking at some alien intruder.

"I know, I'm being smothering. It's what I do" Caroline sighs lightly.

"No, it's-it's nice" Elena says, careful to spare Caroline's feelings.

"I'm thinking-maybe tea with vodka." I supply for Caroline, she nods in approval and scurries off.

________________________________________________________________

" I'm being over coddled. I feel completely fine." Elena says, her eyes begging me for help.

"Sorry sugar plum-" I pause to lick my dry lips, "I do Not want Caroline on my back for saving you." She sighs, probably remembering the time where Caroline went king kong on Bonnie for letting me chill when I was ill.

" You're on house arrest. You're supposed to be coddled." Stefan says from his position in the kitchen.

"Wouldn't it be smarter if we just got you the hell out of town?"Matt says, likely still hung up on the lingering idea of Melena.

" And do what? Go on the run for the rest of my life? No thank you. "Elena gets up., leaving the room," And I'm not an invalid. I'm done with the couch."

For a few moments it is completely silent, before I interrupt it.

"Well you to sure suck dick." Matt rolls his eyes at me while Stefan sighs.

"So, you're just gonna let her call the shots?" Matt asks incredulously.

"Hey Matty boi, are you trying to breach Elena's human rights?" Why, when I'm being the only logical person, must everyone ignore me.

"Letting her make her own decisions" Stefan sighs.

"Even if they're wrong?" Matt asks, questioning Stefan's sanity.