Caroline and hippies

After a horrible night filled with crying and failed attempts at pulling the dagger out of Elijah's chest, the Salvatores still make me go to school, torture seriously doesn't get any worse than that.

"Hey, Matt," I say, approaching who feels like the only non-supernatural related person that I know.

"Hey," he smiles when he sees it's me.

"Live band?" I ask, going for small talk.

"Yeah, business has been a little slow. The Grill's trying to stay afloat" He replies, sighing.

"Aren't we all," I reply, my tone matching his tired one.

"Have you heard from Tyler?" He asks, finding a more worrisome topic of conversation.

"Not a peep. You?" I ask.

"No, not since he stopped by the Grill to talk, and I've left messages on his cell phone"

"He stopped by to see you? What did he say"I ask, feeling hurt that he didn't stop by to talk to his own twin?

"Not much, really. I mean...I think to say good-bye without really saying good-bye. I just didn't know it." He replies.

"And that's all he said?"

" I'd really like it if we could hang out sometime though?" He asks, shyly.

"I'm really busy at the minute, sorry though Matt."

"It's alright," He says, kissing my cheek and walking off, discreetly flirting with me.

"Why is she still here? She was free." Elena says, her and Stefan both joining me, Elena leans in to hug me comfortingly and I hug back.

" She wants what we want...Klaus dead. Maybe she sees us as her only chance. "Stefan replies, messing my hair up.

"Or maybe she's trying to lure you and Damon back into her web. I want her gone" Elena says.

" So do I. But you're right, she stayed. Shouldn't we at least try to figure out why? Look, I hate it as much as you do, but she does make a point. We don't know anything about Klaus. She does" Stefan sighs as we begin walking to class.

I follow Elena, taking her hand as Stefan leaves us, walking down a separate hallway, we both walk into Alaric's classroom, Ric being the only other person in there.

"It was bad. You know, John planted all these seeds about Isobel and now Jenna knows I'm lying about something" Alaric says, in the same tired state as myself

".John's going to end up dead on the kitchen floor if he's not careful" I say, causing Alaric to smile

"Yeah, well, easier said than done. I gave him back his ring so...Look, Jenna keeps asking about Isobel. You know, was she murdered? Why haven't they found the body? I mean, how much longer can she stay in the dark?"

"You think we should tell her the truth?" Elena asks, sounding scared as I rub soothing circles into her palm.

"I'm saying I can't be with her and not tell her. It's not fair to her, and it's not the kind of relationship I want"

"Why don't you just pretend that you've told her, then you can be with her without feeling guilty and the world can go back to rainbows and sunshine, " I suggest, 100% serious.

"Not to mention it's becoming more dangerous for her not to know. I just thought that we'd at least hold off until after we've dealt with Klaus. You know, and even then, how do we tell someone what we know? How does someone hear that?" Elena says, also feeling guilty.

"Look, I'm sorry to put this on you. But I feel it's your decision to make. And whatever you decide to do, I'll respect it. I want to be honest with her. But until then, Jenna and I are done" Alaric concludes.

___________________________________________________________

The four of us crowd the Gilbert living room, myself, Elena, Bonnie and Caroline ready for girls night.

"Chinese food or pizza?" Caroline asks as we all struggle over the choice. Well, I struggle.

"Like you have to ask," Elena replies, smirking.

"I'll do it,"Bonnie says, taking the tablet from her when she freezes.

"Do you believe that Jonas is being sincere?" Elena asks Bonnie.

"I don't know what to believe. I think he's at a loss. He's not sure who to trust." She replies, turning the tablet off.

"Join the club," Elena mutters.

"Well, what are we going to do about this movie situation? What about "The Notebook"?"

"Ooh, Ryan Gosling!" I drool, resting my head on Bonnie's shoulder as Elena laughs at me.

"Caroline, how many times have you seen that movie?" Bonnie asks, suspiciously.

" That is so not the point," Caroline says as Jenna enters the room.

"What's going on?"She asks.

"Girl's night" Elena replies."How are you doing?" Elena asks her in a maternal tone.

"You heard about my fight with Ric." Jenna sighs.

"He feels terrible" Elena adds in.

During an exhausting talk about boy troubles, the 5 of us decide to head on down the grill.

___________________________________________________

"I need a drink." Jenna sighs whilst Matt stands next to them

"Hey Matt"Caroline smiles.

He doesn't answer and walks past her.

"Things just got real awkward," I say as Alaric joins Jenna at the bar.

"That's why, when I properly fall in love, it's going to be with a hippy because they are really chill," I say as Caroline unwillingly releases a laugh.

" He said the ball's in your court." Bonnie says as Caroline scoffs."Yeah, but I can't do anything about it." She replies." Why not? All you do is talk about how much you care about him." Bonnie says," Yeah, but I am still keeping so many secrets"

Lovingly, I place my hand on her shoulder before saying.

"Sometimes, in life, we have two huge choices that we have to make. 1. Fall in love with a hippy or 2. Become a nun. I think you should go for the first option because I know that you like your sex and a hippy could really rock your world." Receiving weird glances from all three of them, I shrug my shoulders.

"Alaric's in the same boat with Jenna and maybe that's our mistake. We're trying to protect the people that we love by keeping them out of it, but in the end, we're hurting them anyway" Elena says, deeming it smarter to not question my logic.

As the song ends, Caroline takes off her jacket and hands it to me,"Hey do I look like a coat hanger?" I yell. "No, I'm the sexier Lockwood twin!" I yell earning a through stares from randomers.

She goes on the stage and takes the microphone.

" Hey, everybody. Let's hear it for the band! Weren't they awesome? " Caroline asks.

She starts clapping and everyone joins in.

" So there's this guy. And, uh, he told me to tell him how I feel about him. Like it's so easy. Um, you know, just 'cause I talk a lot doesn't mean I always know what I'm actually talking about. Ah, like now, I'm feeling loopy and I don't really know how to express myself. "

The singer goes to take the microphone off Caroline but she resists

"I can sing. Yeah! Yeah. You know what, I'm going to sing" Caroline ensures herself.

As the song comes to an end, Matt climbs up the stage and kisses her passionately.

________________________________________