Slater

Whistling, I get to work on dragging Trevor's body to the centre of the room, taking his head over separately

Whistling, I get to work on dragging Trevor's body to the centre of the room, taking his head over separately. I head on over to a different room to look for matches.

Retrieving them off of the shelf, I skip back into the room containing the two dead bodies. I look up at the door, about to take the stake out of Elijah's chest so that I could burn him to, instead I notice that his body is gone. I frown in confusion.

"How can a dead body just magically disappear?" I ask, staring at the door, my mask of confusion still resting upon my face. I feel a presence behind me before I hear his voice," I don't know, maybe I'm not as dead as you think."

I gulp, turning around to face him, doing so slowly.

"Oh hey-" I wave awkwardly. " Yeah, see, I always thought that when people die, they stay dead," I say, bluntly. However, my bluntness does not phase him in the slightest.

"I can't die," He begins, "I am completely immortal." I sigh, before asking the dreaded question that is now beginning to bug me." Are you going to kill me, because if you are, then please make it quick." He stares at me intently for a few seconds before saying, "No I am not going to kill you, you are not to blame for your friend's actions."

I sigh in relief before asking again, "Then what are you going to do with me?" His eyebrows furrow together slightly as he brings his finger up to his chin, suggesting that he is in deep thought."Well, I have a theory," he pauses for a moment as if searching for the correct words to say. "So you are under my protection until I have the- resources to prove my theory true or false." He finishes.

"What did you mean earlier, when you said that I smell exactly like 'him'" He smiles at me, an actual smile, not a cold sinister one.

"You heard that?" He asks, and I nod. "Well, all will be answered in time.

for a few moments, no one talks and we both stand in a comfortable silence, before I suddenly come to a realisation. "You're not going to let me go home, are you?" I half asked, half state. He shakes his head no, looking at me with slight pity as I sigh.

" I didn't catch your name," He says, as he leads me towards the doors.

"Evie," I say, "Evie Lockwood."

_______________________________________________

About an hour later, Elijah stops his car, parking it in front of a medium sized house, vamp speeding around to my side of the car to open the door for me.

"Thank you," I say, as he offers me his hand, helping me out of the large vehicle.

"It is not a problem, Miss Lockwood," He says in a gentlemanly tone. I blush since no one has ever spoken to me so formally. " It's just Evie," I say, leaving no room for argument, at which, he chuckles.