Not sober

"You're still going? I drank enough last night and then I slept, which is what you guys should have done

"You're still going? I drank enough last night and then I slept, which is what you guys should have done."Tyler says to the three of us as Hayley pulls herself another shot.

" We're just paying our respects to Dean." Chris, one of the hybrids says,

"Evie, you hated that hybrid." Tyler says suspiciously.

I shrug my shoulders, downing my shot, "Any excuse to get drunk." I laugh hysterically at nothing in particular.

"Don't be mad. We're celebrating our fallen hybrid friend." Hayley says, laughing at my laughing.

Hayley walks over to Tyler and pours her shot in his mouth. She then sticks her finger in her mouth seductively as I snort from the couch.

"Well, don't let me interrupt. " Klaus says, strutting into the living room as I hang upside down on the couch.

" I didn't know you were here. " Tyler says, watching as Klaus's eyes travel towards my direction, sighing at my state.

"Clearly." He replies, taking a swallow from a bottle of alcohol. I stare at them all in awe.

"Oh my God-" Hiccup," Why did non of you tell me you knew how to walk on the ceiling." I pout, staring at them all with accusation.

"I just popped round to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter. Yet when I arrived, I learnt that not only was Dean unsuccessful, but that Elena killed the hunter. And my wolf got caught up in it all." I laugh harder at the sour look on his face.

" Well, maybe if you had let Dean use force on Connor instead of sending him in on a suicide mission." Hayley says, sobering up.

"Please, he was blew up before he had even closed the door." I giggle, falling off the couch onto my face.

" Maybe you should mind your business, wolf girl." Klaus growls at Hayley as I begin to cry.

"What do you care if Connor's dead anyway?" Tyler asks, turning to look at me in concern as I sob.

" I have my reasons. They've ceased to matter. Cheers." Klaus says, raising his bottle to his mouth, then strolling over to stroke my hair comfortingly.

"What's wrong Evie?" He whispers, pulling me into his chest.I cry harder, allowing my salty tears to fall against his shirt.

"Couch d-didn't like me- p-pushed me off."Klaus sighs, shaking his head at me as he lets a small smile grace his face, wiping away my tears lovingly with his fingers.

"I brought your stuff. Old laptop, your jersey, the charm bracelet." Caroline says, barging into the room, looking extremely flustered as she does so.

"Care, this isn't a good time." Tyler says awkwardly as she shoves the box into his hands.

"By the break-up drama unfolding before me I assume you've met Hayley. "Caroline says nothing, fiddling with her fingers," All right, come on, let's go. Let's leave them alone. Your talents are needed elsewhere." Gently he hooks his hands beneath my legs, picking me up effortlessly.

"I will take the unstable, drunk wolf with me." He says, nodding his head at Tyler.

"I can fly!" I say, giggling as Klaus carries me away.

_______________________________________________________________________

Klaus walks through the residential streets of Mystic Falls, holding me protectively against his chest as he makes a phone call to Stefan.

"Well, I can't imagine why, what with you ruining all my plans for a hybrid filled future." I try to lick my nose, failing miserably.

"Well, life's full of ifs, Stefan. But let's accentuate the positives, shall we? The hunter was one of five; we'll find another. It may take centuries, but we've got nothing but time, right?" Klaus says again, I try to figure out what Stefan would reply with.

"Not you, if that's what you're worried about. But I am concerned about your beloved. Have the hallucinations started yet?"

"Put him on speaker." I say, sounding but not being sober, he shakes his head at me, ignoring my demands.

"How convenient, so am I." Klaus says, walking up the Gilbert front steps, sliding his phone into his pocket and pressing his fist against the door, somehow still managing to support me. Stefan opens the door, blanking both of us as he walks outside straight past me and Klaus.

"Well that was ruuuude." I slur under my alcohol infused breath.

"You know, this would all be a lot more civilised if I was just invited inside" Klaus says, sighing as he stares at Stefan seriously, I continue to hiccup.

" It's bad enough I'm out here talking to you. What do you know?" Stefan says, void of any emotion. I hate it when people/ vampires are like that. No emotions, no facial expressions, it's like robots are taking over the world... This is not a drunk Evie comment... It's the Evie logic.

" I killed the original five hunters, remember? When one kills a hunter, there's a bit of a consequence."Klaus says, snapping me out of my reverie.

" What kind of consequence?" Stefan asks, I start to hum humpty dumpty happily. DID YOU KNOW. Instead of 'couldn't put humpty together again', they have changed it to 'humpty dumpty pulled out a pen'... Utter rubbish I tell you. Absolute nonsense.

"The hunters were spelled by witches to kill vampires; if you prevent one from fulfilling his destiny then he'll take you down with him." Klaus continues, unaware that I am paying wack a mouse attention.

"What do you mean? Connor's dead." Stefan says, I giggle. Stefan gives me a really off look as Klaus sighs.

"She's drunk." Stefan nods in understanding,"I mean, Connor's death won't prevent him from making Elena his final vampire kill. She'll need to come with me now. I'll lock her up, keep her away from any sharp wooden objects."

"She's not going anywhere with you." Stefan growls, he thinks the only person that Klaus can show any act of kindness towards is me... I'm touched.

" Well, if we leave her alone, she'll take her own life before the day is out." Klaus shrugs.

" She's stronger than that" Stefan responds in denial.

"Is she? Believe me, it's for her own good." Klaus walks past Stefan, leaving him to consider the offer, carrying me down the street again. After a few minutes in a comfortable silence, I whisper Klaus's name.

"Yes love?" He asks, staring down at me with adoration.

"I want to tell you a secret." He smiles at me, bending his face down so that my lips are level with his ear. Instead of telling him anything, I drag my tongue all the way from his temple to his cheek, bursting into a fit of laughter.

______________________________________________________

I open my eyes, my head feeling as if it is about to explode as I bring a hand up to it, rubbing it, but still, it makes no difference. I turn my head to the side, thankful to see a glass of water with some aspirin. I thank Klaus mentally.

Begrudgingly, I force my sore muscles out of bed and down the stairs where I am met with an eery silence.

I shrug it off, heading to the best room in the mansion, the kitchen....

________________________________________________________

Did you know I can actually lick my nose... True story

Please remember to comment and vote. Wuv you.

S.E