Pregnancy

4 weeks ago my Mother died. 4 weeks ago Hayley and I left Mystic Falls.4 weeks we have been on the run. In this 4 weeks we have been trying to find leads on Hayley's family but so far, we've came out empty handed. So now, we, lay low, in New Orleans, in the search of answers.

And when I say lay low, I mean we stay in deserted bars all day.

"Third time in here this week" The bartender says to us, smiling,well, we are her only customers.

" I'm obsessed with the gumbo, Jane-Anne."Hayley replies, smirking. I shrug, having no specific excuse.

"You know, ladies in the 9th ward say my sister, Sophie, bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish." Jane-Anne, says, staring off as if she were in a world of her own. I spit my food back into my bowl, wiping my mouth with a napkin. Vampires in my head.

The bar tender glances across the room at her sister, shaking her head slightly.

"I asked around the Quarter about my family....." Hayley trails off, her head bowing slightly in disappointment.

"And?" Jane-Anne presses.

"Nothing. Zero. I can't find a single person who remembers them." I pull my phone out of my pocket, a new one... I have had three since I left. Already knowing who it is, I allow it to fall into the gumbo.

"Because, Hayley, people like you were run out of here years ago" Jane-Anne says, sighing as she stares at my gumbo.

"In the bayou, they call the werewolves "Roux-Ga-Roux". [She circles a point on the map.] You head out there, you'll find what you're looking for. Be careful. It's the last place you'd ever want to go." She says, placing a map in front of us. I smile at her, thankful that she has offered us our very first lead.

__________________________________________________________

I sit next to Hayley, singing along to shout mouth as she drives the car along the country road. Giggling at my childishness. " She was lookin' kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb-" I chant, shutting up as Hayley stares at the map in confusion.

"What the-" She begins before it burst into flames.I snatch it out of her hand, throwing it out of the window as she puts the car in reverse.We stop again as the car starts to smoke, forcing us to both get out and cough a bit.

"Are you kidding me" "Bitch." We both say in chorus.

" Hey, I'm looking for a tow service?" I say, taking Hayley's phone since I dropped mine into gumbo. It makes a screeching noise so I lob it into the forest, both of us covering our ears.

"Phone 5." She mutters.

Hayley grabs my hand nervously as figures travel towards us, coming from all directions. Taking me by surprise, my brain fuzzes as I fall backwards, completely out.

_______________________________________________________________

We both sit in silence, finding ourselves being monitored and watched for hours on end. A few other things happened of course...Hayley got a brain fizz for swearing, I got told I was pregnant, I got a brain fizz for slapping that specific witch, Hayley got another brain fizz for trying to escape and I received a witchy pregnancy test that came out positive... Fun right?

" This is why you brought me here?" I hear an all too familiar voice from the other room, I stare at Hayley alarmed.

"Hear her out" Another familiar voice, one that I like more at the minute says.

" I don't need to hear her out. I assure you, love, there is not a thing on this earth that will matter enough for me to waste even thirty more seconds of my time. Elijah, what madness is this?"Klaus's voice says again, this time slightly more happy. Witch number one gestures to Hayley to go into the next room whilst with number 2 and 3 both grab me by the arms, already learning I can be quite violent.