Welcome to the end

In the short time that I'd been gone, New Orleans had managed to go mental. More dead Mikaelsons were miraculously rising from their graves to torture us all, leading to me questioning my entire life story. Why couldn't I have settled with a hippy? I just had to go and pick the big bad original hybrid, who (coincidentally) just happened to be a magnet for trouble.

In little to no time, I stood with Klaus, ready to do whatever has to be done to protect my child.

I'll never have another. Hope is my only hope.

Behind me, she sat in her travel seat, unaware of the tension surrounding her. She was so young, so pure. She didn't deserve this life. The evil aunt was speaking, and with every passing word, I longed to rip her head off.

She was speaking about my baby's power as if that's all she was. Not a child. Not a living being. Just a route for more power.

Dahlia and Klaus are doing a spell together now- a plan to save my baby. Elijah had one too- but that was bound to fail. Klaus didn't know it yet, but his would likely fail too.

That's why I've formed my own plan.

As Klaus stabbed himself with the golden dagger, both Mikaelsons dropped to the ground, seemingly dead. Immediately, Freya snapped awake behind me at the same time my little Hope began to cry.

Carefully, my eyes remaining on the sight before me, I lifted her. Holding her close. She looks like my Mother. Staring down at her, I couldn't help but wonder what my family would think of the situation I'm in now... if they were still alive.

Mason would be telling me just how strong she'd grow up to be. A little fighter. My Mum would he gushing about the chance for another woman in the Lockwood lines that had hopes of growing into a graceful woman- nothing like my scatter brained self.

If my plan works, I won't be around to see that happen- but that's alright. I'd made peace with that fact. There were many people in my daughter's life that would protect her. She would be loved in my absence.

When Elijah arrived, the sun had just risen. Unsurprisingly, he didn't look overly impressed.

"We need Esther's blood, don't we?" Another evil Mikaelson they had yet to revive. Her plan would follow this- but it would be so much better. She had a witch on her side.

"Our mother is buried in New Orleans. Niklaus wants us to revive the original body. "

It doesn't matter how many times we kill the awful woman- she'll always find a reason to come back. One way or another. In my arms, Hope gave a near silent cry.

"I didn't want this for her- Hope. She's going to grow up surrounded by so much danger."

"Then what do you propose?"

"Just- when it happens- don't fight it."

"Fight what? Evie- if there's something you're not telling me." He shook his head, eyes darkening, but it was too late for his warning to mean anything.

"Don't worry about it. Everything will work out in the end."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The door has hardly opened by the time I'm speaking, working on a timer. "Did it work?" It must have. Across from Elijah at a small table, a blonde woman sits. A woman I had only ever seen at Mystic Falls.

Elijah gave a shrug.

"She's alive and kicking."

Nodding, I grabbed a bar stool and sat down. "Has she tried to kill anyone yet?"