Chill

The Grand Old Duke of York, he marched 10 thousand miles...

___________________________________________________

 A group of volunteers are preparing  for the Night of Illuminations

A group of volunteers are preparing for the Night of Illuminations. Some are hanging lanterns from the trees. My Mum is making a speech for the volunteers and the citizens ,while I stand quietly with Jeremy Gilbert, my arm tucked into his.

"As a long-time member of the Historical Society,"Blah blah blah blah blah" I am especially proud to be kicking off this day of festivities. Thank you, volunteers." More blah " Tonight, we turn off our town's lights and flare up our lanterns in honour of the night of illumination started by our founders 150 years ago." Elijah said they aren't actually the founders, so..." Here's founding family member Tobias Fell with a history lesson."

Everyone applause and Alaric joins me at my other side.

" What are we doing here? " Jeremy asks, looking at Alaric in confusion.

"Tobias Fell is the head of the history department. I didn't have a choice"Alaric sighs, shrugging his shoulders.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. What did I miss?" Elena asks, as I catch on to a scent stood behind Jeremy, belonging to a person that I cannot see.

"You didn't miss anything" Jeremy replies.

"The first illumination was held in celebration with the newfound prosperity that Mystic Falls enjoyed after the war." Tobias continues as I internally groan.

Jeremy laughs. Elena looks at him while I am already theorising about the strange smell.

" What's so funny? " Elena asks him.

Jeremy looks at the stage. Elena turns her head to look too, I reach my hand out grabbing at the air behind Jeremy, feeling an unnatural gust.

"The founders, they placed lanterns over the doors to indicate that it was safe for their neighbours to come outside again." I continue to sniff at the strange air, taking in the small difference.

I notice that Jeremy smiles.

"That night was an opportunity for the community of Mystic Falls to come together, a chance to strengthen ties with neighbours, business owners, and the.."

_______________________________________________________________________

I decide to go for a walk on my own, finally seeing the chance for some ME time. Just me...No Salvatore's, no friends, no Mikaelsons and NO supernatural.

I walk quietly through the woods, settling myself down at the bottom of a tree, leaning back against the rough bark. I let a few tears escape my eyes as I take in my surroundings. The leaves and twigs on the ground are damp and are probably soaking my jeans, the trees sway backwards and forwards in the steady breeze as my mind drifts off to a certain someone, allowing more tears to escape my eyes.

I close my eyes, allowing my mind and body to rest and sleep.

_________________________________________________________

When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead... True story...

-Neil Patrick Harris

S.E