Weddings

I sigh, walking up the stairs to look for Klaus, already knowing which room he is residing in

I sigh, walking up the stairs to look for Klaus, already knowing which room he is residing in.I knock lightly, hearing him sigh, "Come in." He says, allowing me to push the door open lightly and enter the room. I stand in the door way for a couple of minutes, watching him paint away his troubles before I force myself to walk over to him, crossing my fingers that he won't snap at me.

Quietly, I wrap my hands around his waste from behind, staring at the storm that he is painting. His muscles relax slightly as he feels my familiar touch. "You paint a lot?"I ask, quietly. He doesn't turn to look at me as he replies, continuing with his painting.

"It's an escape." He sighs, as I press a kiss to the side of his neck.

"Escape from what?" I ask, pressing kisses all over his neck as he moans quietly. He takes a while to reply, busy feeling my lips touching his skin.

"Escape from everything in general." He replies, pausing his painting as he continues to release satisfied moans.

"What about me?" I ask, smiling as he groans, trying to cover his moans or at least make them quieter.

"You are an escape." He says, placing his paint brush back on the stand, turning around to look at me. I stop kissing his neck as he pulls me into a heart felt hug, burying his head into the crook of my neck. We stand like this for some time, no one talking, just enjoying each others touch before he whispers something into my ear, almost to quiet for me to hear.

"Marry me."He says, I pull back so that I can stare into his eyes, watching his emotions play out.

"What?" I ask, staring at his eyes that show nothing but love and fondness.

"Marry me." He repeats, saying it louder but still quietly, staring into my eyes as if he could see my soul.

"I need security." He says, not breaking eye contact. " I need something good, I love you, you love me, so marry me." He finishes, staring even deeper, if it were possible, into my eyes.

"OK." I say.

"Really?" He asks, sounding like a 6 year old child on Christmas day.

"Yes really." I reply, smiling. He smiles back at me, lifting me off of my feet and spinning me around.

"I'll have a dress, a vicar and rings ready tomorrow, we don't need guests, it'll just be us." I smile at his excitement.

___________________________________________________________________

I smile, careful not to stand on the end of my dress as I approach Klaus. When my eyes spot his figure at the end of the aisle, I inwardly smile, wondering how I got so lucky. He stands,smiling with his lips, adorned in an expensive suit, charcoal black, looking smart, sophisticated and extremely handsome.

Looking up from his clothes, I look at his face, creating eye contact, his blue eyes sparkling with love and passion. Carefully, I walk up the step, standing face to face from him, smiling.

"Marriage is an act of faith and a personal commitment as well as a moral and physical union between two people. Marriage has been described as the best and most important relationship that can exist between them. It is the construction of their love and trust into a single growing energy of spiritual life. It is amoral commitment that requires and deserves daily attention. Marriage should be a life long consecration of the ideal of loving kindness – backed with the will to make it last." The vicar says, falling silent to allow us to say our vows.

"Evie," Klaus begins, his eyes looking all watery and cute. "When I came to Mystic Falls, I had some -" He pauses, "Very thought out motives." I grin. "I did not, for a single moment, think that I would cross paths with someone as, alluring, as you" He pauses, looking deeply into my eyes, " And I am thankful that I get to live out eternity with someone as beautiful as yourself." I smile, taking in a deep breath to share my vows.

"Niklaus." I pause to smile at him. "Before I met you, I used to dream of a simple life, with someone chill, but then, I met you." I pause to smile at him. "You opened me up to real drama and you made me realise how much I hate small town lives. And, I have fallen hard for you." Even though you are not a hippy " I love your smile, your laugh, your voice, I love to run my fingers through your hair... I love you." I smile, watching his eyes well up with tears of happiness.

The vicar smiles, looking between the two of us as we both slide gold bands onto each other;'s fingers.

"Do you take this woman, through sickness and health, through the good and the bad, to be your wife?"the vicar asks, causing Klaus to turn serious.

"I do." He replies, quietly.

"Do you take this man, through sickness and health, through the good and the bad, to be your husband?"

"I do." I say,a huge smile lights up Klaus's face.

"You may now kiss the bride..."

________________________________________________________________________

Love is in the air... Wear a gas mask everybody.

S.E