Punishment

Rodney the rat...

___________________________________________________________________

So, as to not feel Klaus's wrath for my so called betrayal, I have come up with a plan, explore the city

So, as to not feel Klaus's wrath for my so called betrayal, I have come up with a plan, explore the city... Then run for my life. I think that it is a very strategically thought out plan. I get to see the city and then, I leave with no injuries and a safe child.

That brings me to why I am standing in the Church... I never did get to finish looking around the other day.

I feel Father Kieran's presence as I wonder around, he decides to stay quiet.

"We need to prepare. According to Sophie Deveraux, as Davina self-destructs, she'll cycle through four stages that represent the four elements that bound together the Harvest." A voice says, pushing the doors open once again, my eyes widen in horror.

"The earthquake?" Kieran asks as I frantically look for a way out that isn't past Klaus.

"Yes. Earth stage comes first." Klaus says as I refuse to turn around and look at him, I pretend that he is not there.

"You really do have horrible hiding places, Evie," He says, causing me to sigh... I think it's best I don't tell Klaus about my running plan. "Come along, Evie." He says, gripping my hand in a tight hold, prohibiting me from running away.

"I thought you're mad at me." I say, looking directly ahead.

"Oh, I am," He says, licking his lips, "You'll receive your punishment when this hole drama is done with." Discreetly, I gulp.

He pauses,turning around once more to talk to Kieran.

" Fire will be by far the worst. But, I didn't take over this town to watch it burn to the ground"

"You can stop this, right?" Kieran asks, a look of desperation covering the rest of his features.

"Yes,"he pauses," but you're not gonna like how. " _________________________________________________________

On our way back to the compound, we walk in silence. An uncomfortable one for me, but I'm not sure about Klaus.A few metres a way from the entrance, Klaus pulls me to a stop,gently pushing my back up against the wall. Shocking me, he presses his lips against mine, in a rough passionate kiss. Pulling back, he whispers quietly, "Don't ever. Betray me. Again."

I sigh, feeling I need to give my side of the story. "It wasn't right for you to keep her there, she's a child." He sighs, pulling me to the entrance, "We'll talk about this when you're not likely to burn to death."

" We sedated her too heavily." Elijah says, smiling in relief when he sees me unharmed,"Sweet Evie," He says, pulling me into a hug.I smile into his shoulder, saying his name as well.

"Well, if this is her sedated, I'd hate to see her otherwise. We all agreed that Davina must be sacrificed. There's no need to let her blow the roof off our heads in the meantime."Klaus says as Elijah and I pull apart.

"No way! You're not touching her!" Marcel and I snap in sync.

Angrily, Marcel punches Klaus in the face, causing him to stumble slightly. "OK, I'll let you have that one." Klaus says, turning his gaze on me, he adds," And you no longer get to make decisions." I scoff.

"Marcel, no one wishes to see Davina come to harm less than I, but there is no scenario here in which we simply wait this out. She's going to die." Elijah says, sadly shaking his head.

" According to Sophie, the witch who screwed over everybody here." Marcel snaps, siding with me.

"The Harvest was working before it was stopped. If a nonbeliever like Sophie Deveraux can come to have faith that these girls will be resurrected, then I, also, am a believer." Elijah adds.

"Davina is not getting sacrificed." I strop.

"Do you think that I'm happy about this? If the witches complete the Harvest, not only do they regain their power, we lose our weapon against them. The earthquake I was willing to chalk up to hideous coincidence, but these winds? If Davina is not sacrificed, then every inch of earth that shook, everything blowing about now will soon be drenched in water and consumed by fire." Klaus says," And no matter how annoying Evie is right now, that will not be her punishment."I sigh, heavily.

"Not a people person, are you, Niklaus?" Elijah asks, sighing as Marcel trudges out of the room in a stroppy manner.

"Nonsense. I love people. Just on my way to warn a couple of prominent ones in case the weather gets out of hand. If you fancy yourself as plus diplomatique, perhaps you'd like to come along." Klaus says, somehow managing to smirk.

No. Soon Sophie Deveraux shall be consecrating Celeste's remains, and though her actions are reprehensible, still I should pay my respects. " Elijah sighs.

"OK."Klaus says in a jolly manner, "Come along Evie."

__________________________________________________________________________

" What are you doing?" Klaus asks Hayley, holding my hand as she packs boxes, failing to muffle her sobbing.

"I was gonna take these to the--"

"If you say, "Bayou," I will find a nice comfy dungeon and throw you in it. This is not the night to be out there--" Klaus gets cut off.

" -For anyone. But some people don't have a choice." I supply for Hayley as she continues to sniffle.

"Right. Grab that lot and come with me." Klaus sighs, giving in. I lean down to try and help but he slaps my hand away.

"Evie, no, not while you're preg-"

"Whatever..." I mutter, annoyed.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I sit in my room... and Klaus's room, as I cry, struggling to come to terms with the fact the second witch that I have ever liked, just died. I snuffle, remembering her pained face before it happened, the harvest is complete and she's still dead.

I hear the door open but I pay no attention to it.

"Evie." Klaus says,standing in the doorway before walking over to me, engulfing me in his arms as I sob into his shoulder.

"Shhhhhh-" He calms me, stroking circles into my back. I pull back, composing myself and wiping my eyes with my sleeve."I thought you're mad at me?" I ask, snuffling ever so slightly.

"I am... Do you want to hear your punishment?" I look up, startled. He continues, "Your punishment, Evie Amethyst Mikaelson,"He emphasises the last name," Is to spend the rest of your life with the evil hybrid."I smile, watching his goofy smirk, it disappears into a serious stare.

"But, if you ever betray me again, you will regret it..." He says deeply.

"Why-" I ask,"What would you do?"

He sighs, staring at the ceiling for a few moments, as if he were in deep thought, he turns to look at me, seriously.

"For every time you betray me, or do something I tell you that you are not allowed to do." He pauses," An innocent person will die." He pauses again."And it will be on your shoulders, to live with."I stare at him,my eyes sad, he would actually go to such lengths if I annoyed him? All I did was offer help to a young girl.

Annoyed, I turn around, allowing my back to face him.

"Evie, what are you doing?" He asks, silent as I ignore him. He sighs, kissing my cheek,"Get some sleep, I'll be up later, I have some important business with Marcel."

________________________________________________________________