Locked by your hands

"Now that we've entombed our mother, I intend to finish making the city safe for Hope. Which, to start, means dealing with the lingering problem of Finn." Klaus says distastefully, spitting his brothers name out with disgust as Hope rests asleep in my arms, her small fingers twiddling the ends of my hair.

"Oh, once he figures out what you've done to your mother, he's gonna go off the deep end." Cami says with a sigh, her feet resting on the coffee table casually as she smiles at Hope.

Long story short, Cami's here because bad mum doesn't like her, fun story...

" Elijah's been experiencing some side effects since his ordeal as our mother's captive. Best he stay here and convalesce." Klaus says, as he does so, his eyes flicker towards my gloved hands.

"A single violent outburst at a filthy road-side café, and one never hears the end of it." Elijah says with a scowl.

"Oh, Cami has a way with minds plagued by demons, brother. You two can bond!" Klaus pauses, taking Hope out of my arms, "You can watch Hope, Evie shall accompany me."

___________________________________________________

"Settling into your new accommodations?"Klaus calls out to who I assume to be Kol as we walk towards one of the many doors.

" Well, I would have preferred my old room... Seeing as it's filled with a dusty nursery and a hybrid, I thought it best not to complain." Kol shrugs as we enter the room, continuing to rummage through multiple boxes.

"brought you something in honour of your return to the fold. I believe it's your favourite, or, at least, it used to be. La Fée Verte!" Kol smiles, accepting the bottle from his hand, staring at it with nostalgia.

I smile at him, noticing that this is the first time he has been properly happy since, well- he died.

" Where is she?" A furious voice yells out as I groan, Klaus smiles at me, kissing my forehead as his brother catches up to us.

Kol shakes the liquor in Finn's face teasingly before putting them to the side. "My, my, you look peaky."Klaus says, feigning concern before he turns to Kol and I questioningly." Doesn't he look peaky?"

"He does look peaky." Kol says, rubbing his chin.

"I think he looks like he wants a punch in the eye." I supply with a smile.

Kol grins as Klaus pulls me closer to him, pecking my nose.

" Don't make me ask again." Finn snaps, seemingly annoyed with our casual exteriors.

Klaus sighs, delivering the fact that no one likes Finn... At all, I wish we could swap him for Chris Heavens. In case you were wondering, Chris Heavens is the ship name for Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans. A duo from heaven.

"Well, I assume you're referring to our mother. Fear not, she's tucked away somewhere perfectly safe. You'll never find her."

"You think you've won." Finn says, spreading his arms wide," Let's see how long that arrogance lasts, brother." He finishes with a smirk.

Finn gives us all one last glare, letting it linger before strutting off, with Klaus's eyes watching his retreating figure wearily.

_____________________________________________________

I feel a pain ricochet through my hands, small but it's still there as I sit on the bed next to Kol. Klaus touches the barrier with a look of pure annoyance on his face

"Did he really just trap us all in here?" Kol asks, dropping his arm over my shoulder, warming me up.

" He certainly did. Which means we have a witch problem. You're a witch. Fix it."Klaus says in a deadly calm voice as I wince, the pain in my hands increasing. Kol gives me a questioning look, Klaus being too far away to hear it. I shake my head, giving him a forced, tight lip smile.

"And what the bloody hell do you want me to do about it?" Kol asks incredulously as Klaus stands to storm out of the room.

"Well, considering the crowd, I think you'll be more motivated to find a solution. After all, I can easily out-wait our brother's antics. You, on the other hand, might find yourself looking rather appetising to some of our fellow prisoners." Klaus says with a smile, I feel Kol's body go rigid beside me.

"I'm gonna need some help." Kol says,his eyes widening in realisation of his- situation.

_______________________________________________________

I sit down, trying to be patient as I watch Davina and Kol stare at each other at the barrier.Soundlessly, I massage my aching hands, watching as Klaus says something 'motivational' to the two of them.

Klaus sighs, walking over to me, taking me by the hand, Kol follows behind, slightly down heartened. I bight my lip, holding back a wince as Klaus's hand touches my gloved one.

Klaus growls quietly as we enter a room, answering his phone as Kol and I sit down, I wince again, rubbing my hands together in pain.

"What do you mean, she's gone?" Klaus asks, pacing back and forth as Kol looks worried, both with the situation and, apparently, my quiet groans of pain.

Klaus pauses, gathering information.

" Stay where you are. I'll handle it." He grumbles, sliding the phone back into his pocket.

Quickly, Kol masks his worried look for one of indifference, moving his eyes to stare at his annoyed brother.

"Everything all right?" he asks.

Kol pauses, watching Klaus carefully," There are things that we need from the Lycée, which means we need it clear of Finn. And, knowing him, there's only one thing that will distract him for long enough." Kol pauses again, seeming stressed, he ads, "And I think it's time someone took them gloves away from your woman."

Instantly,Klaus's eyes snap towards my hand, he shares some sort of brother thought with Kol before the both of them pounce, holding me down together in a team as I squeal bloody murder. Somewhere in the midst of this, Klaus slides his hand over my mouth, stopping any noise from escaping as I grow frustrated. Kol helps to hold me down, as Klaus evilly removes the glove from my hand.

I cry out in pain, the sound muffled by Klaus's hand as the oxygen chemically reacts with my hand. Both of their eyes widen as Klaus pulls his hand away from my mouth, I lift my hand, curious as to what it looks like. Numerous burns cover my hand as blood pours from it, creeping down my arm. Tears roll from my eyes as Kol hurries from the room. In record breaking time he's back with a bag of ice, pressing it against my hand.

_________________________________________________

"I merely seek to negotiate. You want our mother, I want out of this bloody compound. The economics of what comes next should be easy to grasp, even for you." Klaus says to Finn over the phone, adding on the end," And I want your silly spells off of my Wife's hand." I hear a muffled snicker as Kol presses the ice bag into my other hand, spreading the cold out amongst them equally.

"HCHHHHHHHHH! I'm sorry, we must have a bad connection. Could you repeat everything you said after "What I want?" Klaus asks with a very angered expression.

I watch tentatively as Klaus grows very nervous.

"Esther for our freedom and Evie's hands. Do we have a deal?"

"Saint Roch No 1. The Delphine tomb."Klaus growls out.

_____________________________________________________