Warlocks

I walk down the stairs of Elijah's house, careful not to trip, heading towards the kitchen until I hear him call my name

"Evie, could you come here for a moment."He calls out. Turning my body around, I walk into the living room where Elijah is sat with the witch, or as he says 'warlock' Jonas across from him.

On the coffee table is a small variation of herbs, candles, a bowl and a dagger.

"Yes?" I ask Elijah, who signifies with his hand that I should take a seat next to him.

He lifts the dagger carefully from the table and turns to look at me.

"We need a small bit of your blood Evie, to block tracking spells, it appears your witch is rather persistent," I smile, knowing that Bonnie won't give up, either way, especially with Tyler breathing down her neck.

"OK," I say, taking the dagger from Elijah and dragging it along the side of my hand. Jonas points to the bowl so I easily make the connection that I am supposed to let it fall into there. When I am finished, I put the dagger back onto the table in the same spot that Elijah picked it up from.

Elijah is about to bite into his wrist to heal me before I stop him.

"I don't need your blood, Elijah, werewolves heal quicker than humans, but thank you anyway." He nods.

___________________________________________________

Jonas has laid out all of Elena's trinkets that he has stolen from her bedroom on a table.I think that the fact that he was in her bedroom without her knowledge is kind of creepy, to which Elijah chuckles lightly. Elijah sits across from Jonas with me next to him.

" So how exactly does this spell work? " Elijah asks, looking expectantly at the warlock.

"Give me your hand," He says, calmly to Elijah.

Elijah looks at him weirdly for a few seconds, as if he is trying to figure out whether the warlock has ulterior motives. Jonas has a silver knife in his hand. Elijah extends his hand out, palm facing up, and Jonas slices it open with the blade.

"Place it here" Jonas points towards a picture on the table.

Elijah places his bloody palm face down on the picture of Elena in her cheerleading uniform. I always hated cheerleading, Caroline forced me to join the squad. Yet when Stefan joined the school she allowed Elena to quit but I still have to go. According to Caroline, I'm a huge asset to the team, I think it's just because she likes to boss me around. Plus, no matter how many times I told her no, she still makes me wear the skanky outfit that hardly covers my arse and cleavage.

"Now, take my hand," Jonas says, preparing to do some witch juju.

Jonas extends his hand to Elijah who takes it. "Close your eyes. Relax your mind. And look for her" Jonas says, while lighting a candle with his mind.

Elijah shuts his eyes. Jonas follows suit and begins chanting a spell in Latin.

"You saw her, didn't you?" Jonas asks as Elijah's eyes fly open.

"I know exactly where she is" He states simply.

_________________________________________________

I walk next to Elijah, my hand in his again as we walk towards Slater's trampy residence. In the past three days that I have been 'staying' with Elijah, it has been quite nice, he has the tendency to listen to what I say, unlike most people that just ignore my sarcasm.

"Evie, come closer," Elijah says, placing his hand around my waist and pulling me closer to him, as he vamp speeds up the stairs to Slater's floor. There we stand behind three men, none of which, I know.

"There's nothing here for you," Damon says, to one of the men before he suddenly drops dead. Elijah stands behind him, myself next to Elijah.

The other two vampires look back at Elijah, confusion taking over their faces. Elijah vamp-speeds towards them, looking from one to the other. Rose gasps and vamp-speeds out of the apartment, clearly terrified. Elijah looks over at Elena and Damon, scanning the two of them over quickly.

" I killed you. You were dead " Damon says in surprise before turning to look at me," Evie?"

"For centuries now,"Elijah replies expressionless, while he winds his arm back around my waste after hearing Damon say my name.

Elijah looks back at the vampire that he didn't kill.

" Who are you? " Elijah asks.

"Who are you?" The man repeats, sizing Elijah up with his eyes.

"I'm Elijah" He responds naturally.

" We were gonna bring her to you. For Klaus. She's the doppelgänger. I don't know how she exists, but she does. Klaus will want to see her." My eyebrows furrow together at that name, Klaus, Katherine mentioned it to me when I saw her in the tomb.

"Does anyone else know that you're here?" Elijah asks coolly.

"No," The man responds, without thinking his answer though.

"Well, then, you have been incredibly helpful." Elijah states.

Elijah plunges his arm's into the two vampires' chests. They grunt as Elijah rips their hearts out. The two vampires fall to the floor, dead, and Elijah lets their hearts drop from his hands. Damon stands, shocked for a few seconds before preparing to fight.

"Let Evie go," Damon snarls at Elijah, who replies calmly.

"No harm will come to Evie while she is under my protection."

Elijah shocks them, by turning around and vamp-speeding out of the apartment, taking me with him.

__________________________________________________

Elijah is standing at a window, looking out. Jonas enters the apartment and shuts the door behind him, while I sit on the sofa, reading the order of the Phoenix, much to Elijah's distaste.

" Where's Luka? " Elijah asks, not tearing his gaze away from the window.

"Asleep," Jonas replies, sighing.

"Your shadow spell was successful. I was able to track that girl. However, I did have a little run-in with one of the brothers that killed me."

"Ah, the not so lovely Damon Salvatore," I state, looking at my book.

"I assume he didn't live to tell about it. " Jonas says, keeping a polka face.

"Jonas, are you secretly Hermione Granger?" I ask as Elijah raises an eyebrow at me, the ghost of a smile resting on his face. "Evie," he says, to show that he has not ignored me.

"Actually, I spared him. He'd die before he'd let anything happen to her. They both would. She'll be kept safe."

"For now," Jonas says.

" Well, that's precisely what we need her to be."Elijah looks back at Jonas." Safe"

"Please don't hurt the Salvatore's," I ask, my voice taking up a pleading tone. "They're a pair of idiots, but I care about them." Elijah simply nods in my direction, looking at me thoughtfully.