Page 1

Houston, Texas
September 4, 2013
Thursday
Windell High School
Beyonce Pov

I walked through the crowd-less hall this morning. Come to think about it. I do come here early to practice running my laps for track. I am on top. And I want to stay on top, which means. Be on top of my game. I felt a buzz as I turn into the gym hallway. I stop for a second to pull it out. It was a text from Shawn.

Shawn💏: I went by the house this morning to walk you to school but your mom said you had already left. I assume track?🤷🏾‍♂️ but anyways I wanted to say I love you and you are going to kill it. Ttyl💖

It reads. My heart flutters. How can someone be this sweet? He always comes by the house to walk me to school but every since track season. I had to leave early. I sigh audible and replied back to him saying 'Love you'. I put my phone back into my back pocket continuing my journey walking down the hallway.

As I get closer to the gym I hear a bouncing ball. Probably a basketball. I crept my way down to the gym area as the noise grew louder. I made it to the gym entrance only peeking my head in. It was a girl dibbling a ball through her legs. She ended up taking a step back behind the three pointer line and the net made that familiar sound when I was walking down the hallway.

Kush...

Wow. That was impressive. She jogged to get the basketball and did a quick alley hoop. Causing my mouth to form a O shape. Amazing. She really should try out when they announce it on the announcement. We could use another winner on our team. I smiled as she makes a two pointer. I pat the door softly walking past it, heading towards my destination.

•¥•

Rihanna Pov

I breathe in and out with my hands behind my head, feeling the sweat dripping down from my forehead to my body and hitting the floor. I really shouldn't be playing this hard. It's only....oh shit! 8:55. Class starts in 5 minutes. I hurriedly pick up the basketball jogging over to the basketball rack, putting it on there.

I then quickly jog across the gym floor to the girls locker room. I bust through the door lightly coughing a little. I look around before actually walking forward. It seems little dark in here. The only thing shining through is the lights from outside.

I turn around looking at the walls hoping to find a light switch. Which I did. I sigh in relief and hit the light switch watching the flick on one by one. They really need to get that fix, I thought.

•¥•

I made my way in Geometry class. I sigh in doom. I like the teacher and all but the work...is too much. I made my way through the tables going to mines. I plop my book bag down on the floor this time. I pulled my seat back making scratching sounds against the floor. I sat down hearing loud voices out in the hallway. Probably Julius.

"Yo! Yo!" He yelled out smiling. I scoff a laugh watching him wave around like a princess. "Where the teacher at?" Making a face looking back as the boy that sit in front; Trey, brush pass him. "You know?" He pointed at me.

"You know it is not good to point right?" I responded to him for the first time. He laugh, nodding his head in agreement, walking over to the table. More people pour in as he sat down.

"My fault. But umm–do you?" Asking again right when the Ms. B walks in. "Oh, never mind." He ended our dead conversation.