Page 30

Houston, Texas
February 14, 2014
Wednesday
Home
Rihanna Pov

"Aww, Jonie. I just cleaned this shirt." I pick her up as she begins to giggle adorably. I chuckle myself putting her in her high chair. "I'm sure you're hungry. Always eating and sh–stuff." I hurriedly corrected myself.

Going over to the fridge, opening it, I heard the door open along with a heavy sigh.

"Working pretty hard there." I comment looking for the formula. Hearing no clap back, I look up to see her straight-facing me with her hand on her hip.

"Something wrong, Rih?" I cock my eyebrows up hearing her response, picking up the formula.

Ignoring her for the moment, I went over to the sink turning the water on hot. I put the bottle under the water before facing her.

"Where were you tonight?" I question getting straight to it. Standing there, giving me the eyes, she busted out laughing, taking off her jacket. "And the night before, and the night before that, and the night before that." My voice escalated with every words.

"Lower your voice when you're talking to me." She gritted, eyeing me, finishing taking off jacket.

"Why should I?" I slightly raise my shoulders in disagreement, leaning back on the counter. I look over at Jonie to see her chewing on her hand.

"Because I am your mother, nothing new." She spat back.

"Oh really?" I ask with so much sarcasm. Rolling my eyes I turned around, getting the baby bottle. "Don't seems like it since you are always gone." I shook the bottle.

"I take care of Jonie." She argued back.

"And what about me?" I swiftly turned around with furrowed eyebrows waiting for her response.

"What about you? You're practically grown." I tilted my head with a twisted face taking place. Walking over to Jonie, I sat the bottle down near her.

"I'm too grown to still have my mother love me?" I don't know if she feels guilty or what but she sure look like she doesn't care. Hearing Jonie whining breaking us from our stare down, I look down trying not to get emotional.

"You still haven't answered my question." I stated giving the bottle to Jonie.

"I don't have to tell you what I do or where I go. I'm grown–"

"And so am I–we are having a grown conversation, so why not answer the question?" I felt a rush through my blood when I heard her sinister chuckle.

"There is a different sweetheart. I pay the bills–"

"Doing what exactly?" I folded my arms as a small irritated smile crawl on her face.

"You know what I do so why are you asking questions?" She questioned.

"So I guess the cleaners stay open till midnight." I smiled sarcastically with surprise eyes.

Staying quiet probably thinking she got caught or thinking of a perfect lie.

"Well...do they?" Ignoring me, she went further into the kitchen to grab her a snack. "I didn't think so. So you might as well tell me what you are up to, dammit."