Page 38

Houston, Texas
March 25, 2014
Saturday
Nicki's House
Nicki Pov

"I was thinking...that maybe I could get out of here, and buy an apartment. Like what Rihanna and Beyonce have." I spoke to a sleepily Kehlani on my chest.

Her head slides up a little bit to face me with confusion taken its place."Why?" I shrug sluggishly, already knowing my reason.

"I just...don't belong here, Kehlani. Nobody here rock with me like that." I put my focus back on the television knowing she is going to start asking some questions that I don't want to answer.

"What you mean? The people around here don't like you or something?" She query as she straddle me, blocking my focus from the television. That is exactly what it is. Nobody here rocks with not me. Not that I need them, it just...I don't want to keep walking down the street, thinking something going to happen to me.

"Yes...that is exactly what I mean. They don't fuck with me, and I don't want to stay here where there is bad energy." I peer into her eyes letting her know I'm serious. "I'm tired of this dumb shit, Lani. My mom don't be here anymore. Every since I told her, she stop coming home like she use to." I shook my head in dismay to keep from crying.

"What happen?" She ask after a moment of silence.

"What?" I questioned audibly with knitted eyebrows.

"Tell me...what happen?" I challenge her with a look as she did the same, but its hold softness. Letting me know that she cares, and she is not going to tell.

"I was walking down the street in my neighborhood to pick up some Chinese food I order about twenty minutes before my walk..."

It was the year 2011, her freshman year, when she came out not that long ago. It was at least one month after she told Beyonce, and then after her, her mother. Then her mom told her people, and her people told the streets.

Nicki felt free, she felt as if the world could give her so much not that she came out, but it made her felt so little in the inside. She just wanted to be love for who she was, not for what she likes.

"Freshman year, huh?" Kehlani nod her head up for confirmation.

"Yeah." Nicki breathe out deeply. "That where you experience a whole new world...a whole new life...I know I did."

As Nicki continued, about three guys were walking the opposite direction from her, meaning that they were walking in her direction.

Flashing them that pretty smiles of hers, she was going to ask if they wanted to walk with her to the Chinese store.

But sadly, a fist connected to her jaw, knocking her to the ground before she could even breath in their space. Crowding over her, one hover her sending her a left jab to her stomach causing her body to crease up in pain.

Marcus, the one that punch her, grip her hair, and draw his arm fist, sending another blow her way.

Her screaming for help was useless. And it didn't help that her sexuality made it worst for her, so of course they people wasn't going to help.

One kicking her in the rib, while the other one gave hard punches to the face or the stomach.

She even called for Beyonce, her best friend. Yeah, it was no point in doing it because she was miles away, but she just...wanted to call on someone who would've help if they were there.