Chapter 4: Coming Out

Houston, Texas
February 15, 2014
Wednesday
The Field
Beyonce Pov

I laid here in the grass with Rih sleeping on my chest. I couldn't ask her anything when we left, she just cried and I held her tightly in my arms.

It made my heart ache seeing her like that and her not telling me why. It makes me feel like I can't do anything about it.

I probably can't but...I could try.

I look down, watching her looking up at the sky.

"How come you are awake? I thought you were sleep." I ask. She took a moment before responding.

"Your breathing became uneven. You were thinking too much." I look back at the sky. I do get a bit nervous when I'm deep in my thoughts. Only she would know.

"What makes you think I'm nervous?" I challenged. I felt my chest go cold and I look down to see her looking back at me.

"Bey...I know you. I'm not a idiot." She puts her head back on my chest, instantly making it warm again. I chuckled and started playing in her wavy black hair.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Her body went stiff. "Baby you have to tell me. I don't know what is going on with you. You do want your girlfriend to know right?"

She got up and straddle me with her hands on my lower stomach.

"Girlfriend?" I bit my lip to keep from smiling.

"Yeah. I mean, we do love eachother, care for eachother and will do anything for eachother. Why not become an item?"

"I don't know, ask yourself." I rolled my eyes playfully at her sassiness. "I been wanting to get with you, so you should be asking yourself that question."

"Yeah, yeah, okay. I get it." We laughed as I shook my head. "So...are you willing to be mines and only mines?"

"I am yours and always will be. And yes." She bent down giving me a teasing peck. "I would love for us to be a item." She finally smiled throughout this whole night.

"Good. So that means you need to tell your girlfriend when you are hurting and why." I mentioned. She sigh heavily, playing with her fingers. I sat up facing her. "Robyn." I look her in the eyes.

"My mother." She begins. "She's seeing my father. My father that use to beat her, do drugs, and get drunk. She's seeing him again and he broke the family apart." She begin to sniffle, looking away. I pulled her into a warm hug. "I don't even know where my brothers at. I don't know where they went Bey because he broke us apart." Her voice crack as I felt her tremble against me.

I rub up and down her back, trying to calm her down. I kiss her neck some.

"I just don't want it to happen again. My moms and I relationship is falling apart and the–" I waited for her to continue but she didn't.

"Then what baby?" I shift back as she did the same, we is now face to face.

"I think my mom knows I'm gay." My eyebrows raise in shock. "It just...she kicked me out and I thought to tell–"

"Kick you out?!" I shriek. "Where are you going to go?"

"That's not important, Bey. What important is, is that I came out. Sorta."

"Sorta?" I ask unsure.

"Look Bey..." She sigh heavily in frustration.

"Alright...we can talk about this later." I noticed how stressful she was getting and I didn't want to push. But we need to talk about this.