Page 3

Houston, Texas
September 7, 2013
Sunday
Seven Pines Church
Beyonce Pov

I stood outside the door watching my mom interact with Sister Brown and Pastor Riley. I sigh waiting for her to finish but it seems like that never going to happen.

"Well, it was nice talking to you." My mom said coming down the stairs as my father help her.

"Uh–it was nice too Sister Tina." Pastor Riley said. "Will, you be here next Sunday?" He ask her. She turned around to respond.

"Of course, of course."

"Good, good. Because ya' know Sister Brenda was not here today. You know she was sick." He mentioned. My mom made a face of sympathy.

"Yeah, I was going to say something about that. How is she?" She ask. Oh my lord. We ain't gon' never leave, I thought, folding my arms. Minutes later I felt a pair of strong arms around my waist. I turned around, smiling knowing it was Shawn.

"Heeyyy." I dragged out. "I didn't see you at church today." I say fixing his collar.

"I know baby." I felt my body jolt with excitement. "I decided to dish today. You know how Pastor Riley be. He be breathing and sweating mad hard." He made a face, shaking his head. I laughed and playfully hit his chest.

"You better stop." I warned as I heard my mom call my name.

"Beyonce?!" She called out again. I turned around, letting her know she have my attention.

"I like Shawn and all but pleaasee tell him to take his arms off from around you. You're only in the 11th grade. You're not grown yet." She glared in disapproval. I did an audible sigh as Shawn gave them a warm smile removing his arms.

See, Shawn is a senior. She thinks that he is going to try and take my virginity and then leave me to go off to college. I'm sure Shawn is not going do that but I'm not thinking about losing my virginity right now. Not to Shawn, not to anyone. She have nothing to worry about, I keep telling her that. But of course she never listens. She turn around carrying on her conversation.

"I tell ya' chile. Kids think they so grown now-a-days." I heard Sister Brown says. I suck my teeth. She's always commenting on something. She never like to stay in her lane or mind her business. She never talks about how her husband left her for a white woman and don' already had two kids with the lady. Wouldn't that be a story to tell?

"Don't worry, Bey." He gently grab the side of my face, rubbing my cheeks with his thumb. "When we get old enough we can do what we want. Without these mean-bossy parents around." I smiled wanting to kiss him right then and there. He always say the right things to keep me happy. But I'm not going to lie. When we do have sex. I can't wait to give it to him.

After talking for a while, he gave me a quick peck on the lips and left with his boys. Mom ended her conversation, thank you Jesus. We was all now in the car driving home. Solange was currently on her phone, snap chatting me. I don't see why she on it. Nobody be on there like that. It's all about instagram.

"I wish you would stop." I gritted as she giggled childishly. "Solange I'm not playing with you today." I closed my eyes, balling my fist up. She did this ugly snort.

"Ooouuu y'all look. She mad." She teased talking to Snapchat. I blew out a breathe shaking my head.

"You're really getting on my nerves." I mumble, looking out the window.

"I'm sorry what you say? You said something?" I turn over to look her as she held the camera close to her face smiling. I just knew she was recording. I had enough.