Chapter 6: Shattered

"Do you love me?" Her honey filled voice ask me as we sat criss cross from eachother on the bed, the tangerine light glowing onto our skin. Her hand reaches towards my face, landed on my cheek ever-so-softly, "Do you love me, Rihanna?" Her voice came sternly. As if she is worried.

Why?

"Of course, I love you, Bey," I chuckle warm-heartedly, placing my hand upon hers.

That seems to not be enough...

"What is wrong, Bey?" The worrisome in her eyes is putting a scare in me, "What is it?" My voice drip with anxiousness in audible, I squeeze her hand for assurance, but all she did was bore into my eyes.

"Things are changing," she responded in a trance, her hand travels to my jawline, tracing it with her index finger gradually, "We are seniors, now getting ready to graduate," her eyes look up to mines but they were already peering into mines, "Nicki pursuing a rap career, and she is doing amazing by the way. Kehlani told me she wanted to sing. Solange is now in high school...everything is changing."

My eyebrows knitted for a millisecond before she continued with, "Will things change for us? Is this is just puppy high school love?"

"No, I..." I shook my head, trying to find the right words, "Of course not," I breathe out, "Nothing will change between us. I promise."

Of course...I promised.

"I'm still going to be in love with you like I am now, and years later, it won't change." I assured her, removing her hand from my jawline, stopping whatever she was doing.

"Will you marry me?" A smile quickly replace her bored face, blushing.

"You ask me that almost everyday, Rih." I grinned arrogantly along with a confident shrug.

"Will you?" I push on with a knowing smirk. I intertwine our fingers together, waiting for that perfect answer.

"Yes," she giggled once a cheeky smile cover my face, "Yes, I will."

"Good," I murmur, feeling hunger take over me, "Now I get to kiss...and make love to my bride," I mumble leaning on to her, I then kiss her deeply, she shiver back in response.

Things were changing, some for the good and some for the worst. Nicki and Kehlani did decided they wanted to do music after their junior year. Not that they didn't want to do it, they wanted to make it happen.

And with the things they are doing, I believe they are going to make it. Big, the both of them.

Chris, on the other hand, got a scholarship to college, and yes, still have that brother and sister relationship with Bey.

I believe he is going to make it to the NBA with the way Beyonce is bragging. And especially how the way he play, he nice on the court. Obviously not nicer than me, ya' dig?

And Shawn...still...Shawn. They still talk, hangout, go shopping. If I'm being honest, I might believe he is a little suspect. Who holds a shopping bag like a female. I don't even hold it like he holds it.

Mrs. Charleston been on my ass about the designer school I wanted to go to. She been pushing me to work on my designs, add some more flavor to it. She even been pushing me into designing clothes, headbands, keychains, etc. She wants me to hit it big, and I don't blame her.

"You deserve the world, Rih," she would tell me when I go visit down there. "You and Bey been through so much last year, and so did your friend...Nicki, was it?" I nodded in response. "Yeah, she is going to make it too, all of you. And I will be there."

"You gon' be at the concert, Mrs. Charleston?" I tilted my head with a tight lip smile.

"Yeah, chile. Imma have on a t-shirt and everything." We laughed up a storm that day.

Her husband did make it. He survived it, and she couldn't be anymore happy.

I couldn't be anymore happy either...until she came along.

"Hi...I'm looking for Rihanna?" Some girl ask me as I had my head down, practicing my drawings.

"Yes, thats..." I lost my words when I saw her. She had these pretty sea green eyes, with pretty pink lips, and pretty clear beige skin.

"Is that you?" Her head tilted teasingly.

"Uh...yes, yes, it is me," I almost rumble over my words that day I met her.

"My name is Jasmine," she puts her hand out for me to shake. I shakes it politely, feeling the softness of her skin.

"Rihanna...of course you already know that," I chuckle a bit nervy, "Umm, what can I do for you?"

"Well, I been seeing your art at some galleries downtown and I wanted to come meet you in person." She smiled, pushing her light brown curls behind her ear, "But...I need help with my drawings, and I figured if you could help me." She suggested faintly.

"Uhhh," I look around the restaurant. Somehow my eyes landed on Mrs. Charleston. Her dark brown eyes peering back into mines warningly. I begin to get afraid.

Mrs. Charleston never did look at me like that...

No, she did...only when she was warning me. And that day, I believe it was one of those looks.

But I ignored it that day. All those other days.

"Yeah, yeah, sure," I pick up my drawings, Mrs. Charleston eyes still shooting daggers through my body, "Maybe we can go somewhere private," I suggested getting up from the booth.

I earned an nod from her and she leaded the way out the door. I glance back at Mrs. Charleston, she shakes her head deeply exhaling, going back to wiping the counter down.

Jasmine and I became friends. She was there when Beyonce was with Shawn or with Nicki or just busy with homework period.

She was like another shoulder I could lean on, someone I could talk to.

Boy was I wrong.

"Be careful, Rihanna." Mrs. Charleston warned two weeks later when I came to visit her.

"What?" I ask lost.

"Be careful," her hand stop in motion to look me in the eyes, "Please." She then went to the back to take care of some business, and I left because she never came back up front.

I went to the apartment lost that day, her words playing tricks in my head.

"Be careful?" I mumble to myself, taking off my shoes, "For what?"

I gave up after three days. Wasn't worth the stress.

"Why are you so quiet?" Beyonce ask me, fooling around with my fingertips.

"When did you wake up?" She kind of startled me.

"Not that long ago," I felt her stop playing with my finger tips, "What is wrong? What are you thinking about?"

"My wife."

"Yeah, not going to work this time."

I chuckle softly, shaking my head lightly.

"Tell me, what is it?" She turn halfway, looking at me out the corner of her eyes.

"Change."

"What?"

"Change," I replied again, "Change is what I'm thinking about."

"I hope I didn't worry you with my thoughts–"

"No," I shook my head and kiss the back of her neck, "It is just something to think about thats all." I shrug, then drag my fingers down her arms, she shivers once again.

"Yeah," she agrees, all smiles, "They're going to be good." She grinned happily at her thoughts...future.

"Yeah," I pause, "I believe." I grinned with her.
__________________________
Better?
And yes, they will still get an happy ending.