Chapter 2: Realizing

Houston, Texas
September 25, 2012
Thursday Afternoon
Windell High School
Beyonce Pov

Today I stayed back for school and help set up for Homecoming. I love to help the school do anything. It just shows my appreciation. I even dragged Nicki along so she can help and keep me company. Besides, I help out every year and I still don't know none of these people names.

"You got it?" I ask the two guys as the struggle to put the banter up.

"Yeah." One grunted.

"Okay...uhhh...a little more to the left–no more to the right." I directed them. "Umm–okay, right there. Perfect." I smiled. They blew out their breath of relief as I heard someone clap causing me to turn around.

"You look sexy as hell giving instructions." He bit his lip. I blush looking down. "No, no. No, no. I want to see your beautiful face."

"Awww." Nicki squeal. "You guys are so cute. It makes me sick." She spat out, rolling her eyes.

"Nicki over here." The coach yelled.

"I'm coming, damn." She mumbled, wheeling the cart over to where the other guys needed help. Shawn and I laugh at her saltiness.

"Wassup with her?" He knitted his eyebrows together.

"I made her come here." He kiss his teeth.

"Now you know." I laughed. "Why you make her do that?" He chuckled and grabbed my hands. I shrugged smiling.

"I don't know. I didn't want to be alone thats all." He pulled me closer into him and I wrapped my arms around his waist, missing his lips.

"You know....I been meaning to ask you." He paused. "Do you wanna come to homecoming with me?" He ask nervously. He's too cute.

"Of course, why wouldn't I want to go with my boyfriend?" He lightly shrug his large shoulders, staring at my lips.

"I mean, you could've went with your best friend and wanted to try something different."

"I don't babe. Everything is fine with you." He smiled, turning away, blushing.

"Mane what I tell you 'bout calling me that? You know it get me blushing and shit." I smiled gleefully. I love it when he blush. It shows that he feel the same way about me too. "Anyways, now that, that's over. I wanna take my babygirl out on a date. Can I do that?"

I bit my lip. "Yes. Yes you can do that." He leaned in for a kiss and so did I. Right when we were like 2 seconds from smashing our lips together. Nicki interrupted us.

"I know I did not come here to watch you guys play The Notebook." Shawn and I kiss our teeth shaking our heads.

"Yeah, Ight." He gave me quick peck catching my attention. I pouted. That was way too quick. "Imma get going–"

"Uh–no. Yo' ass gon' stay here and help. Spend time with eachother. Isn't that what you two want to do? I'm sure you do. Come on." She walked away leaving us here dumbfounded. Is she really serious right now? "Rose, Jack? Bring y'all Titanic loving ass on, now."

•¥•

Nic, wasn't lying when she said she won't be doing it alone. I should've never invited her midget ass. I shook my head at my thought as Shawn and I turn the corner to the math hallway.We had already finish some of the things but everything does come to a end, so we had to stop.

Walking hand and hand we stop at the entrance. "Now can I get that kiss I been waiting for?" He ask. I grin slowly and leaned up to him until something startled me, knocking on the glass. I look at the door, seeing Rih. I frown. What she doing here? "What she doing here?" Thinking the same thing I was thinking. I ignored his question and went to the door and opened it for her.