Page 15

Houston, Texas
October 9, 2013
Thursday Morning
Windell High School
Rihanna Pov

One more day till homecoming and I don't even want to go anymore but Bey suggest that I should go. Plus, I shouldn't hurt Chris again by playing with his emotions. In all honesty, he was playing with his own by even asking me out.

I shook my head, taking a step back, making a 2 pointer. I sigh putting my hand behind my waist, taking my time going over to the ball. Picking it up I admire it. I threw it making it bounce right back off the wall.

"Depress much?" I snap my head in the direction of the voice. Rolling my eyes playfully, I went over to pick up the basketball, placing it under my arm.

"Stalker much?" She smirk folding her arms, walking over to me.

"I wouldn't say stalker. I would say I'm just observing." I knitted my eyesbrows together, shaking my head as the Creole beauty step towards me.

"Which is stalking. Especially if I didn't know you was there." I smiled.

"Why are you stalling?" She blurted out immediately changing the subject.

"Stalling?" I question. She swipe the ball from under my arm, nodding her head.

"Yes, stalling Rih." I tilted my head. "You know you like me yet you're not doing nothing about it." I close my eyes wishing to get out this dream. I hated when she brought this up. "I know, Rih. You do know I can hear you....right?"

"I don't want to talk about it." Walking midway over to the bleachers, she blocks my way.

"Why not?" She ask putting the ball on my chest. "Is it because you're a coward? Maybe you don't like me like you say you do?"

"I do." I snap back while she smile getting the reaction she's asking for. "I love you." She chuckle bitterly, slightly tilting her head.

"You love me?"

"Yes?"

"Then prove it." Dropping the ball from my chest, getting in my face. "Prove it, Rih. What do you want to do?" I look away. This is too much.

I took a step back from her.

She busted out laughing.

"A coward." Spatting out, she pick up the basketball. "Can't even kiss the girl you love." She shook her head. "A fucking shame." She paused as a smirk play on her lips. "You're never going to get her. You might as well give up. Let ol' boy have her." She shrugged feeding me something I don't want to hear.

"I'm not a coward."

"Psst...please. You can't even kiss me in your dreams, what makes you think you going to be able to do it in real life?" Scoffing and throwing a fire ball at me, which I caught it, glaring her.

"I can." I sneer back, putting pressure on the ball. She laugh historically, lifting up her knee, giving it a slap. "I can kiss you, Bey."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"So you're not going to back down this time?" Dropping the ball I rush over to her.

"No." I said before my lips wa–

My eyes flew open as I laid down dead. Feeling like it. Sitting up quietly, I look over to my alarm clock that was bumping loud as hell. I hit the stop button, and threw the cover off me, swinging my legs over the side of the bed with my head hanging down.