Page 2

Houston, Texas
September 6, 2013
Saturday
Community Park
Rihanna Pov

I dribble the ball between my legs walking backwards. I step forward bringing the ball under my left leg then took a step back, getting in position. I waited looking at the basket before doing my jump-shot, making the ball go in. I smirk to myself.

"Nice shot." Someone complimented grabbing the basketball. I squint my eyes trying to recognize the person voice. "But it always better to do a take back then shoot it. Waiting is not going to help. It's only going to mess you up." The person says walking through the blinding sunlight and into my presence. Chris. "But other than that. You did good." He smiled handing me back the ball.

"I'm pretty sure I know how to play basketball." I greeted the ball back into my hands.

"I never said you didn't know how to play. I'm just simply giving advice." He shrugged standing in front of me blocking the sun.

"I never ask for your advice–"

"But it wouldn't hurt spread peace and kindness." He quickly responded giving a cheeky smile, with his two thumbs up. I scoff a laugh.

"Well, thank you Chris. Is that all?" I ask putting the ball under my arm. He made a face.

"Are you always like this?" He ask taking me back. What am I like?

"What am I like?" I tilted my head. He shrugged.

"I don't know. You seeemss....mean, I guess. Kind of like, you like being alone and don't wanna be bother by anybody." He explained sticking his hands in his basketball shorts.

"Well, sorry to come off that way–"

"Oh no, it cool. Sometimes you have to keep your guard up. Not everybody is your friend." I smiled a little. "So I understand that you don't want to be bother and have everybody smiling in your face." He shook his head understanding.

"Thanks for understanding." He nodded his head, snatching the ball back.

"Now, let play one on one. Umm–alll the way to ten. Whoever reach ten–"

"I know how to play." I admitted.

"Well, I don't know that. I never seen you play." He dribbled it betweens his legs.

"But I can–"

"Well show me." He interrupted me with a sly smirk. I return one as well. Okay. If he wants a lose. Then that's on him.

•¥•

We was 9-8 I had the ball. All I had to do was one more shot and I'm the winner. I smirk in his face doing an crossover but as usual he gets right back in my space focusing on snatching the ball. I did a I stepped back doing a fake pump and he jumps. Perfect. I quickly goes around him, running pass the three pointer line, driving up to the net.

But you wouldn't believe what happen though. I stop midway of what I was doing because I saw a glimpse of Beyonce, jogging. The light was beaming on her perfectly shape body, letting her sweat glaze on her caramel skin. It was like....everything was in slow motion. Practically because it was. To me.