Page 8

Houston, Texas
September 16, 2013
Tuesday
Windell High School
Beyonce Pov

Hearing the same bouncing ball every Tuesday's and Thursday's morning every time I walk by, I leaned on the door frame watching her ecstatic moves out on the court. I can't wait till they announce the try outs next week. I just want her to get out there and get noticed. She seems like an...outcast. I found out that she don't talk a lot, to be honest.

Maybe she fits good as an outcast. Minding her own business. That what really going to help her out in the real world. I decided to skip my track practice and watch her till she drains herself. I made my way into the gym and onto the bleachers. She couldn't see nor hear me since that ball made it echoed throughout the whole gym and her back was facing me.

After about 10 minutes later, I guess she realize someone was staring at her. Turning her head looking left to right before turning completely around and stopping, looking right back at me.

"Well, are you going to stare at me or you are going to keep playing?" She look down smiling, and blushing I believe. She set the basketball in the middle on the floor and made her way over here as the ball have difficulty staying in one spot. She came onto the bleachers, planting herself next to me.

"How long was you watching me, Creep?" I made a O face and she laugh.

"Ohhh, imma creep now? I can't watch my friend?" I ask acting offended.

"I'm joking, I'm joking." Calming down her laugher, she ask, "But how come you in here and not out there?" I shrugged.

"Saturday." I paused. "I can't wait." I mentioned.

"Why are you so happy to see my art work?" Knitting her eyebrows together, she put both of her hands flat down on the bleachers, folding her finger tips over the edge.

"I don't know, Rih." I don't know why I'm so fascinated with it but I am. "I just love how art makes me feel. Is that good enough for you?" I turn my head to her, seeing she is already looking my way.

"Yeah, that's good enough for me." Nodding her head. I nod mines looking out at the still basketball. "You wanna play? We never did finish our one on one." She mentioned.

"Oohhh, so you wanna lose, huh?" I ask smirking.

"We gon' see. Come on." She stood up jogging off the bleachers. Turning around with a sly smirk plaster on her lips. "Come on." Grabbing the ball, putting it under her arm, leaning on her right leg. I drop my head down getting up. I sigh smiling. What did I get myself into?

•¥•

I watch the ball go in between her legs, bouncing back and forth back and forth, tricking my mind. Reaching for the ball only for her to snatch it back behind her and go around me. I regain my balance and caught up with her. She jump up for an alley hoop but I block her midway.

We came falling to the ground. I fell on top because she switch our position while we were falling. She groan out in pain.

"Aweee." I quickly sat up getting off her chest so she can breathe better. Straddling her I leaned down slowly. "Are you okay, Rih?" I ask softly.

"I think I hurt my leg." I gasp and cover my mouth. I can't believe I hurt her. I saw her open one eye, giving me a small smile. I kissed my teeth and her small smile turned into a cheesy smile.

"You....imbecile. I really thought I hurted you." I got off of her, standing up dusting myself.

"Actually, you did." She sat up leaning back on arms. "You hurt my back when we came crashing down." I rolled my eyes. "And...that was a foul." She grunt getting up and dusting her hands.