Page 52

"She is fine," A familiar voice played in and out as before. "She has a deep wound but it was nothing I can't fix." A chuckle whisper, "Do you want to stay here with her? I mean, she don't need a supervisor...but that is your choice."

"No," another voice came flowing in my ears. "I just came to see how she was."

Finally getting the strength to crack open my eyelids, I saw a blurry vision of Josh...and Nicki? Where is Beyonce?

"Well, okay, I guess I'll get going," Josh stood up from the bed, lifting up a little bit of weight, "She did lose some blood but not much. Thank god I came in time."

"Yeah, I'm glad you did."

He left us alone, I can feel her eyes shooting daggers at me, probably picturing me in blood.

"You need to leave Beyonce alone," She warned straight off the back. No asking if I was okay or nothing. "When you left like twenty minutes after you saw her, she was crying in the back–she couldn't even work because she was in her feelings," she pause, looking at me hard, like I had no choice but to lay here, "And she still is."

"Nic, all I wanted to do wa–"

"And you cause a scene," her eyebrows deepen in depressed. "She could've lost her job!" She yelled angrily, the vein in her forehead for now visible.

"I'm sorry." I says, a knife creeping inside my back. Everytime I said sorry, it would scratch me.

"Yeah, I know," she sneer sarcastically, gathering her Nike book bag. "Just stay away from her for now...maybe forever but I know that is not going to happen," she shook her head, slighting rolling her eyes. Unzipping her book bag, she pulled out green paper. "3g's...Josh told me about you not having a job and there was a possibility that he would have to take the apartment away."

Peering me in my eyes one last time, she zipped up her book bag, and slung it on her arm, she headed for the door.

"Thank you," I got out before she left. "You didn't have to do this."

"You're right," her voice was low and harsh, "Which is why Beyonce made me do it," turning around rage took over, "If I was me," her eyes pressure on, I'm sure I was be on flames right now, "I'll let you suffer."

She left without any other words.

•¥•

Another day, Another dolla

"Hi, welcome to Paul's coffe..." her words trailed off once she look up from putting change in the register from the other customer.

"Umm," I thought, "Just black...black coffee."

"You don't like that type of coffee, Rih," she look on, "You don't even like coffee period." She retort, taking a small peek at my wrapped up hand.

"I'll do anything to see you, Beyonce, you know that."

I know, Nicki told me not to bother her, but...it is not her call. If Beyonce don't want me to see her, then I'll probably leave her alone.

But if I'm being honest...I'm not really talking to her. I'm just being a regular customer ordering regular coffee.

"Black coffee...coming right up," She announced, writing on the pad, then putting on the...spinning thingy? I honestly don't know. "Umm–"

"I'm drinking it here." I say before she could ask the question she is required to.

Her eyes stays glued on mines as if her mind is saying 'this is unbelievable'. A breath leaves her, she still stand there, I don't bother moving either. No one is behind me anyway.