Page 48

"Why isn't she answering my calls and texts?" Jasmine gritted looking at the unread messages as she scroll through them bitterly.

"I don't know cuz," Shawn shrug absentmindedly, twirling his noodles around his fork, "Maybe she don't want you anymore." He replies amuse. A little too amuse.

Turning around suspecting-like, she watch him blow the noodles before carefully putting it in mouth.

Clenching her jaw, she tries to put some pieces together.

Rihanna goes home for that week. Stayed home at night for that week, just incase if Chris pops up.

"Did he ever pop up?" She murmured to herself, gazing at the ground as if it would to give her answers.

"What was that?" Shawn ask from the couch, only her eyes follow over to him.

"The fuck are you smiling for?"

"What are you talking about?" He laugh slightly with the shake of his head.

Jasmine stayed silent taking him in. He is way too...chirpy and she don't know why. Did he have something to do with Rihanna not talking to her? He couldn't have, she never told him the plan. She never told him anything really.

But he his friends with Chris, who is friends with Beyonce.

"You bitch." She curse out, leaning off the wall of the island.

His eyebrows deepen with confusion and warming up to anger. He hates when someone call him another name.

"Excuse me?" His left eyebrow begin to arch, seeing to hear if he heard her right. Maybe he didn't but at the same time. He knew.

"You heard me," she didn't have the gut to repeat it. She just wanted to get his attention. "You probably mess it up for us. You probably link up with Chris."

That is exactly what he did. Chris wanted to meet him immediately to tell him what he observed. To Chris surprise, Shawn had already knew.

"You knew?" Chris ask shockingly, his hands expressing the way he feel.

"Yeah," Shawn whispered shamefully, "Yeah, I knew."

"Why are you sitting there letting that shit happen?!"

"Because," he snatch around to face Chris, "She left me for Rih...she left me in a heart beat and I say she–she...she deserves it." He spat with hatred.

"You don't mean it," Chris replied softly, "She never meant to hurt you, believe me, she told me. She was just following her heart and it just wasn't with you," he tone remain the same, Shawn brim filling with water, it then spread across his eyes, making them glossy.

And he's right...he didn't mean it.

"If you really loved her like you do, you would've fought for her. Did anything possible." He added, walking closer to Shawn. "So it can't hurt you that bad and to be honest if it did–I'm sorry, I'm truly am but..." he exhale deeply, "Let it go."

"What?" He ask above a whisper.

"Let it go, Shawn. Found someone better–found someone he truly loves you for you like how Beyonce and rih–..." he stop midway.

"I know what you mean," Shawn lightly chuckle, wiping his lone tear.

"Good," Chris smile charmingly, "Do you forgive her?"

Shawn suck his teeth, "I forgave her a long time ago," he shrug lazily, "She is my friend now...and...I'm happy that she is."

"Then help me get rid of Rihanna and Jasmine. They have to be stop," Chris place his hand in his shoulder, he really want Shawn in. "And if she really is your friend and you really did forgive her...you wouldn't stand by and keep letting this happen."