Chapter 7: Broken

September 4, 2015

I met her...I met her on,
September 4, 2013.

Our second day of school.
Our anniversary.
Our second anniversary.

I remember approaching her first...

"Hey!" I called after her, watching her tan skin come alive in the warm sun. It seems that she peek back by the slightest turn of her head but continue her way. She probably thought someone else was calling to another.

"Hey!" I semi-yelled, jogging, I didn't want other people to turn around thinking I was trying to reach out to them. She turns around. I recognize her. "I knew it was you." She frowns in confusion.

I would too if a person I never saw came up to me claiming they knew me.

"Oh I'm sorry. I saw you...umm, playing basketball." I replied in confirmation, squinting my eyes because of the exploring sun beaming onto my face.

"This morning?" She ask, giving a quizzical look as if she was reminiscing.

"Yeah, you are really good," I complimented, placing my hand by my side, "Are you thinking about trying out?" I ask, carrying on my walk. I couldn't get home late.

"Uhh–I wasn't really planning on it, but–"

"I think you should," I interrupted her intentionally, turning towards her. I had to have her on our team. We would be undefeated if we had her. "It would help us, not only us, but you too. It could help you get a college scholarship," I offered her a little piece of information, I then restarted my walk. "So why don't you sleep on it." I demand more than question.

"Oh and my manners. I'm Beyon–"

"I–I...know who you are." She cut me off with a little stammer in her sentence.

A tiny smile develop on my lips, "Well, if you don't mind. What is your name?" I ask charmingly. I know she is in my Geometry class and I should know it by doing all that 'Get to know you' worksheet but I honestly wasn't paying attention.

"I'm Rihanna. But you can call me Rih or RiRi." She responded, she stuck her hand out politely.

I look at her with a stale face. Not meaning to, I just never heard of a beautiful name like that.

"Nice to meet you, Rihanna," I shook her hand respectfully, being brung back into reality, "Beautiful name, I must say." I unexpectedly slip under another compliment her way.

"So do you walk home?" I query out of curiosity. She is new here, I never seen her before.

"...yes, I do." She answered honestly and softly. Aww, she seems like a sweet and honest person.

"Cool, so do I. We can walk together some times." I express excitedly with a jovial smile, going into my speed walking spree. I finally have someone to walk home with.

And maybe a new friend.

Clutching onto the crisp fresh cover, the smoothness runs across my skin; it gives me shivers as I toss towards the other side–I wanted that dream out of my head.

I toss on my right side, there is a empty spot, aching to be touch. I know it feels abandoned and I feel abandoned too.

Casually, I swipe my hand across the chilled sheets, feeling nothing in return. I wanted to dissolve into the bed, I wish that the thick and layer cover would blend me into them.

Maybe that would make me happy. To be a bed. To make someone happy when they finally come home from a long day at work. They can make love to me with out any questions ask. Eat. Watch tv. Sleep. We can do all those things together. You can't cheat on a bed.