Page 6

Houston, Texas
September 12, 2013
Friday
Windell High School
Rihanna Pov

I hurriedly jog across the street, going onto the sidewalk, making my way to Chipotle. I don't usually go out of school for lunch but hey why not try something new. I made my way into the entrance, looking around walking. Not many people are here but some students from my school. Mmm. I guess it is normal.

I got in line and folded my arms, patiently waiting for my turn. I look back glancing then snap my head back in that direction. It was Beyonce and Shawn walking, holding hands, and talking. I didn't know they went out for lunch. I have D lunch but I never did see neither of them in there. I see why now.

I watch them come closer. Ohhh. They're coming here. I swiftly turn back around hearing the door bell ring letting the employees know new customers just came in.

"Hello, welcome to Chipotle." One of the cashiers greeted, smiling. "I can take you right here at the moment." He offered.

"Okay." I heard Beyonce mumble. I felt Shawn walk pass as I turn my head to my right. I turn my head back forward when I thought both of them went by but Beyonce bumped into me. I helped her catch her balance. "Thank you. I tend to get–" She stop to look up at me as I quickly help her up and look away again. "Rih?" She called quietly as I kept my head the other way.

"Bey, baby? Come on. Are you ready to order yet?" Shawn ask her as she just look at me. In disappointment, I suppose.

"Yeah, I'm coming. I just ran into...something." She took in another moment before walking over to Shawn. I sigh, feeling a lump in my throat. I turned around and stop realizing there stood another person.

"Sorry." I mumble and went around them, speeding out of the restaurant. I shook my head and look up at the light blue sky. I wonder what it is like being up there. But without being dead.

"Rihanna?" A voice called. What now? I look down and turn to my left seeing Chris holding a Chick-Fil-a bag in his hand. "You good, sis?" He joked walking up to me. I chuckle shaking my head. "Wanna talk about it? I got extra." He raised the bag up in front of him. I look at the bag then back to him.

•¥•

"Nah, son. You lost that time." I laugh stuffing a chicken nugget in my mouth. He kissed his teeth scanning his eyes around before taking a bite of his sandwich. I look at him curiously, chewing my chicken nugget. I swallowed then asked him,

"How come you do that?" He knitted his neat eyebrows together, chewing. "Looking around. How come you do that?" He chewed more and swallow before shrugging.

"I don't know. I mean, I just...do. I guess I be looking out for something but don't know what I'm looking out for. I just be lurking." He took another bite as I scoff a laugh. I got up to throw my trash away near the table we are eating at. "What about you? I noticed you do it too." He mentioned my habit. He took a sip of his Hi-c waiting for my answer.

I shrug as well, sitting down in my previous seat. "I guess the same way you be looking. Just looking out for something but don't know what I'm looking out for." He nodded taking another sip. "I got another question." He raise his eyebrows one time putting his drink down, sighing.

"Lay it on me." I nodded.

"What do you mean when you said 'I got it bad'?" I ask squinting my eyes as the sun slide by from behind the clouds.

He laughed out loud while I stayed there lost. "You still don't know what it means?" He teased. He stop for a moment realizing that I'm serious. "Oh..." He shrugged again. "It nothing serious, really. Unless it is serious–but it all about how bad you got it. Like, when you see that person you like with somebody and you feel your blood boil." I nodded. "Then you got it. But if you got it bad–like you–then you're stuck. He took his last bit and grabbed a napkin wiping the crumbs off his hands.