Page 12

Houston, Texas
September 29, 2013
Monday Afternoon
Windell High School
Beyonce Pov

I breathe out a breath of relief as I sat the speaker down near the Dj table. I stood up straight, stretching, and twisting around. I sigh shortly looking up at the banter. They did a good job. Wish I was here to help on Friday though. I would've came to help them this weekend if I knew they were setting up. At least I did help that's all that matters.

"Rihanna, what do you think?" I turn to face her. She leaned off the wall, walking over to me. I turn back around looking at the scene. Homecoming finna be hype, I thought. Feeling somebody standing close behind me I automatically knew it was Rih.

"Its okay." I turn my head to the left, facing her with a are-you-serious face. She shrug as I kept the same face. "Fine." She sigh, rolling her eyes. "It's great." I smiled turning fully around.

"I'm so glad you think so because we worked hard on it."

"No, actually we did, Miss Beyonce." Nicki interrupted walking over to us with folded arms. Aww lawd. "You came a little late don't you think?" She says as she approach Rih and I. Rolling my eyes playfully crossing my arms as well. I had already explained myself to her on why I was late on helping. "AnyTways....how come you didn't help, Rih?" Rih snap her head in her direction, turning around. She stumbled over her words as Nicki giggled at her.

"Where is Shawn at–Oh...they captured the Ogre, didn't they?" She joked. Rih tried not to laugh by looking away, twisting her lip to the side. You can clearly tell she was laughing on the inside. "I'm–I'm sorry Fiona but Shrek was no good to you–anyway." She busted out laughing as Rih did the same. "Oh, Donkey." While they were laughing up a storm I decided to leave.

I'm tired of everybody making fun of him. Of us.

"Bey?" I heard Rih call after me as I turn the corner to the Math hall way. "Bey?" I ignored her walking closer to the Attendance office. "Bey?" She gripped my arm pulling me back. "Look I'm sorry." She apologized as I tried to break away from her grip. "Look–look." I stop glaring at her. "I'm sorry, I'm really am." I soften up a bit as she pulled me in a warm hug that I love.

"Beyonce?!" Nicki called me walking down the Math hallway. "I was just joking. Why all of a sudden it a problem?" I never really did like it.

"It is her boyfriend, Nic." Rih answered. "I would feel that way if someone was talking about mines." Nicki clenched her jaw and look down.

"My fault, Bey." She apologized now looking at me. "I did took it too far." I nodded agreeing with her. "But you gotta admit. That was funny." She chuckle. I look away smiling a little. It was ight. Wasn't all that.

"She knew it was. Its all fun, that's what it was." Rih always had a way to make me feel better. Her words did something to me that I can't explain. It made me believe her.

•¥•

"You still thinking about going to homecoming with Chris? It not that far away." I ask as we cross the street from the parking lot. Because of what happen last time she made me walk on the left side of her and she walks on the rights. Which means she will most likely get hit and hurt more before I do. To answer my question she shook her no. "What, why?" I furrowed my eyebrows looking forward as we stroll on the sidewalk.

"What about Shawn and you? Are you going with him?" She ask dodging my question. I did an audible sigh and raise my shoulder.

"He haven't been talking to me lately. I don't know if he jealous or what but...that kind of hurt my feelings." I admitted. She stayed silent for a while.