Page 45

Beyonce was reading a novel Mrs. Charleston gave her a while back, when Rihanna walk through the door waveringly, sliding her way in.

Sitting the book down, she become more intrigued to where was she and why wasn't she home?

Turning around, Rihanna hiccup and lock the door after her, not aware of the pair of eyes on her.

That how deep in her thoughts she was. She probably didn't even know she was home, it was probably like a day dream to her.

Walking more into the apartment, she threw her keys on the small island before she caught eyes with her favorite pairs, scaring the daylight of out her.

"Hey," Beyonce greeted her rather calmly. She sat with one leg over the other in the rolling chair she had recently brought.

"Hi," Rihanna got out regularly with a slanted toothless smile, "How are you?"

"You weren't here when I came home last night, where were you?" Beyonce interrogate getting to the point.

"Out," Rihanna kept it simple. Jumping when Beyonce rise out of her seat, placing her book down in the chair, she slowly makes her way over to her.

A wave of guilt flooded Rihanna, she could've drown.

"Out where?" Rihanna jaw flexes, feeling irk to death by the questions.

"To a party, don't worry okay," she took off her jacket with a slight smile, "I just needed some free time is all."

Beyonce tended to open her mouth but Rihanna interrupted her.

"How was school? How was studying?" She walk over to the rack, throwing her jacket over the hook.

"School was good as usual," Beyonce replied suspiciously, eyeing Rihanna out in curiosity, "The study wasn't all that great. Afterwards I mean...I tried to call you to come pick me up from the library but you didn't answer."

"Where was Nicki?" Rihanna almost sneer at her, strolling back over, trying her best not to lean over.

"She was in the studio working on her mixtapes. I had to take the bus home." Beyonce said feeling let down, whilst folding her arms, and lightly rocking on her feet. Rihanna was always there when Nicki wasn't able to be.

Thats why she just can't drop the people she has, they do so much for her. That would be heartless and selfish for her to do that.

Rihanna head turn the other way, she couldn't face her right now. Not while the guilt feel like it's eating her up alive, crawling up and down her body, yearning for her to scream out and cry.

"Rihanna did you hear me?" Rihanna head snap over to Beyonce, she comes closer.

"I'm, uhh, I'm sorry baby," she cleared the upcoming lump in her throat, "I just lost track of time."

"Right," Beyonce eyes linger onto hers, oblivious to making Rihanna wanting to turn away and hide. "Well, you still didn't come home last night, where were you?"

"Baby, I stayed at the party, I had pass out, you know?" Rihanna says with a slight laugh. "But I'm here now." Rihanna smile was a bit tense and force as she attempted to pull Beyonce into her embrace but she back away.

"You smell like a female," she pause, pressing her hand onto Rihanna chest, she felt her heart slam against her hand. "And weed and alcohol, Rih." Beyonce snatch her hand from Rihanna chest, disenchanted, her eyes begin to burn.

Rihanna instantly grab her hand, "Don't think like that, Beyonce–you know I wouldn't do anything to hurt you," Rihanna search her eyes, "You do know that, Bey?" Beyonce eyes went down, nodding.