Miss Secretary [Jin]

This was requested by Chimochick. I hope you like it. Happy Reading! <3

~~~~~

It was eerily quiet, the only sound in the office was me flipping the files to seek the words. My mind was focused on sleep, though, causing my eyes to droop from time to time. I needed to stay after work to file all my boss's papers. She was a strict, yet kind lady. But today she seemed to be in a bad mood, making me stay after until I got all the work done.

I gave a small yawn, looking at the clock on the wall. It was almost midnight. I looked back down at the papers. I still had a lot more to go. My eyes switched from the clock to the papers a few times, wishing for them to magically finish up on their own. No matter how long I stared at them, they wouldn't do anything. With a sigh, I continued on with my work.

A sound of something crashing in the back of the office came to ear. My head perked up, my sleep disappearing. No one was supposed to be in the office with me. I was supposed to be by myself. Who could possibly be at the office at this hour? Well, besides me, of course. I could feel my curiosity starting to kick in, wanting to go check out the sound.

My feet moved without my brain telling them to. I stood up, my legs a bit wobbly from sitting too long, but I started off through the office, running a hand through my messy hair nervously. What if someone broke in? What is it was a robber? I could've just been paranoid, as well. Something may have just been placed wrong and had slid down slowly. But that was for the past few hours. Wouldn't it already have fallen down by now?

I walked through hall that was the back to the office. I worked for a lawyer, so there were small offices in rooms across from one another. Paintings hung the walls, making them seem a bit more colorful. At the end of the hall was the employee lounge, holding snacks and a place to hang out during breaks. It had sounded like the bang had come from there, but I checked all the other rooms to make sure nothing was out of place.

When I approached the lounge, I stared at the door for a second. I could feel something deep down in my stomach that something wasn't right. Something had to be behind the door. Maybe I had been blind and someone might of stayed after and never told me. Whatever it was, I didn't have a good feeling about it.

My hand reached for the doorknob, turning it. It sounded like a gunshot for how quiet the office was. I peeked my head in the door, the automatic lights turning on. I took a look around, my eyes glued on the scene. In the corner was a tray of fruit that had fallen to the ground, the fruit scattered about. I gave a relieved sigh. There was nothing to worry about. Without a problem, I made my way over to the fruit to pick them up.

As I picked up the fruit, I placed them back on the tray on the counter. But, what caught my attention, was the door coming to a close in my ear. I stopped, not daring to look back. The door didn't close on it's own. It was a heavy door that didn't move too easily. I gulped, scared to look back at what I was about to face. I somehow gave up the courage to look, my head turning over my shoulder.

There, at the closed door, was a tall guy that I had seen before. He was working at the office. I had never talked to him. He seemed nice, but I just never had the meaning to talk to him. While he stood there, he had a blank expression on his face, as if he was a robot. It was a terrifying look that made my blood run cold at the sight of it.

"H-Hello," I said, standing up. I turned my body around. I wanted to hide. I wanted to run away. I had no clue who this guy was and why he was there. I clasped my hands in front of me, so nervous that my knuckles turned white from how harsh I had my hands clenched. "What are you doing here this late? I thought that I was the only one that was supposed to be here."