Christmas Gifts [V/Taehyung]

It's been about six months since I updated here. Wow.

Well, I guess here's a Christmas gift to you all. I'm sorry I haven't updated this book in forever. I didn't have much stamina to create one shots for awhile. I've started making some lately, but they're meant for Christmas and birthday gifts to some people in my life. They're all so good and I'm so proud of them but I can't post them here because they're gifts. It makes me really sad.

I'm giving you guys this gift today because I'm trying to experiment with story ideas for the future. I'm not super proud of this one, but it's pretty decent. I hope you all like it.

Also, I would like to share with you all something. So, my birthday is on Saturday and I've never really had someone make me fanart of BTS before. I can't draw people for my life. My sister gave me fanart of Jin once and it was actually really good. I always get so excited when people give me drawings because I like putting them up on my wall in my room.

My boyfriend's sister is also into BTS and she's a mini me basically. She's also my sister's best friend so she always talks to me and her. Since she likes BTS, she made me fanart for my birthday and gave it to me early. It was of Yoongi, and let me say, it was actually really freaking good. I'm not putting it up on here because I don't want anyone to steal the art work. I just want to say thank you to her because she reads my books and how sweet she is as a friend!

Alright, sorry for that little story time. I really wanted to share that with all of you. Anyways, here's the story. Happy Reading! <3

*Also sorry about not updating and taking requests, I guess I'm kind of on a break from this book. Thank you all for understanding!*

~~~~~

I caught a glimpse of something near me.

My ears tuned out the conversation around me, my eyes turning away from the people that I was faced with. My fingertips still lingered upon my father's slightly formal jacket just above his elbow. I saw my mother's sparkly sweater out of the corner of my eye, but I paid no mind to that.

My eyes scanned the crowd, looking for the thing that I had seen. It was from a person I knew for sure. So many people wandered around at their own pace, though, that I was unable to determine who I had seen and what was the cause of it.

It was growing around Christmas time, my family part of a large and very important company. My parents worked at the top of the class, our family living comfortably and in style. We always went to the Christmas party of one of my father's managers. We didn't have to wear formal attire, but my mother always put me in a nice, long sleeved shirt that exposed of a bit of my collarbones and a long skirt. Nothing fancy, she always said. Just something presentable.

I looked at my mother and father, watching them smile and converse with the other guests. My brother was nowhere to be seen. I didn't seem to be noticed, so I slowly backed away, then made a small run for it, disappearing into the crowd around me.

After growing further away from my parents, I slowed my speed but kept it steady, trying to find whoever I had seen in the crowd. I heard my heels clack against the wooden floors as I walked around, slightly gathering my skirt into my fists to keep the hem from the ground. I wasn't used to something so long and so loose.

I found it weird to see myself determined as I walked away from my family to find something I had only caught a glimpse of. I never wandered off from my parents much, knowing they would want me at their side. They wanted me to become grown up, to socialize and be an intellect. I didn't like that idea so much, but I listened to them as they told me what to do.