Corpse in Neverland [Jungkook]

Back from the dead yet again. 

I've been writing a really big project for the past couple of months, so I thought I would take a short break and write a one shot. I'm sorry if I've been inactive, but I have a lot on my plate right now. I hope to get this big project out in the next year or two(yes, this is how big the project is), so you guys can get your hands on an actual hard copy of it rather than on this website/app that's been pretty whack recently. 

I really really enjoyed making this one shot. It feels good to get some gothic short story out for once rather than lengthy books. Also, I would just like to say that I hope you all are doing well throughout this crazy and very important period of time. I've been on the struggle bus for the past month, so I'm glad I can get something out and help me destress. 

Quick reminder if you are going to protests, please wear face masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We have to help our brothers and sisters of POC, especially our black brothers and sisters right now. Do as much as you can(sign petitions, donate to causes, spread information that helps others understand this discrimination and the equity that we must put into place) to help us out. Please stay safe and keep happy and healthy. Love you all. Happy Reading! <3

~~~~~

"It's like I got a body in the back of my Ferrari that I don't even own. 

"I should have left it alone."

~ Isaac Dunbar

"How the hell was I supposed to know about that?" his voice screamed, the echo residing inside your eardrum, bouncing back and forth against the walls. 

Your fingers were laced and lost inside the locks of your hair, clutching it with an intense grasp that could kill a man--a man that you had long forgot about. Your foot bounced your knee up and down anxiously as your body trembled with an exertion of a million emotions. Everything was bottling up, ready to explode like a bottle rocket. You could just feel the bubbles forming in your gut, ready to send you sky high through the roof and far as the eye could see. 

Your eyes were forced closed by your inner will, only designating sounds around you with sonar-like hearing. The footsteps that clomped their heels swiftly back and forth, back and forth against the wooden flooring of the room had ceased, leaving the pair of shoes to halt in front of your quivering body. No mercy radiated from the presence. 

"Why am I still allowing you inside my house?"

The bubbles in your stomach finally popped; your hands found their way out of your greasy, unwashed hair as they collided against the couch cushions, letting you spring to the toes of your feet. You were met with the terrified--yet furious--eyes that belonged to him in front of you. That didn't stop you from letting everything spill from your lips. 

"Because we can't break whatever the hell we have between us!" you screamed in his face, tears blurring your angry-red vision. "Some screwed up destiny threw us here on the planet and left us for dry! Trust me, I wish I never met you! I wish I never saw your gosh damn gorgeous face that left me to fall on my face!"

Silence fell between the two of you. Your body was shaking vigorously then, the hot tears snaking their way down your sticky cheeks from the humidity. Large, dark eyes were locked onto yours, appearing to be shocked at the outburst. The tension that was built between the layers of heat and humidity in the thick air was enough to make a person not involved in the conversation choke.