Monitor [Jungkook]

You could feel his fingers curl around your back, his thumb pressing against the joint on your spine. You could imagine that very small smirk on his face, indicating he was up to no good. Your heart rate was slow and steady, but you could feel your brain begging to flip. He wouldn't let you. "Did you complete the mission?"

You bit your lip absentmindedly, feeling his warm breath trickle down your neck. Your lips were chapped from the dry air, the one thing that was vulnerable to you. Your fingers curled at your skirt, gathering them up into fists. You could feel his calm, even mind seep into yours. It was a pleasant feeling that was deadly in its own way.

"I did," you murmured, your voice coming out emotionless. He was taller than you, so his cheek slowly rested on the top of your head. You stared at the room blankly. You wanted to whirl around and punch him square in the jaw. You loved yet hated him. He wasn't like anything else in this world, yet he was more of an addictive, deadly drug than anything.

His deep chuckle flowed to your ears, his fingers wrapping more on your back. It was almost like he wasn't going to let go. He was never going to let you go. You knew this since the beginning. You should have ran. You should have told someone. Instead, you were pulled away from everything. Everything was gone.

His cheek trailed down the side of your face, his lips meeting your ear. They pressed gently against it, soft and warm. He always kept coming back for more, but he knew his boundaries. Namjoon taught him to treat you correctly. He taught him everything. That's how it ended you up here. That's how you got stuck in this place.

"No one would suspect a pretty thing like you to do anything so articulate," he murmured in a low voice, his lips moving against you ear. His thumb trailed a circle around the point of your spine, almost in a hypnotic way. That smirk pressed against the curves of your ear, his intoxicating smell overwhelming your nose. "You seem so innocent to them."

"The job was done," you said emotionlessly. You just wanted to push him away from you. You didn't want him all over you. Even though you loved his attention, what you just done was horrible and scar worthy. It just kept getting worse as time went on. "Now it's time to carry on with our lives."

"Sweetheart, there's no carrying on with our lives," his lips still pressed against your ear. His hand slowly trailed up your back, feeling every curve and bump of your spine. You kept chewing at your lip, peeling the skin off of them. As his hand came to a stop, he grabbed the back of your neck, gentle yet firm. "There's no escaping our reality."

You looked down at the floor, feeling the blood from your lip flow into your mouth as you forced the blood out of the wound. He was right. There was no escaping a hell like this. You were always going to be stuck in the same loop, over and over again. You never wanted to face that, but now it was starting to become more real. As reality was starting to set in, the more you felt weak.

He gave a long pause. Finally, his lips gave a small kiss to your ear, then pulling away slowly. His hand on the back of your neck have a small squeeze. You could still feel the healing scar there, closed up yet sore. I swallowed, your fists tightening against your skirt. You could still feel the scalpel slip into your skin, blood flowing down onto your skin. You wanted to shake from anger.

"Recall your memories," he said, his deep voice ringing from behind you. "Tell me what's going through your mind. I want to listen."

You let your thoughts flow through your brain, feeling him listening to every detail there was.

~~~~~

"It's not going to hurt," Namjoon said to you, his deep voice ringing throughout your ears from behind. His hand was swiping a cold cloth against your skin, the smell of something sterile coming around to meet your nose. It was starting to give you a headache.

You looked up at Jungkook, searching over his face. All the guys were sitting around the room, not really caring about what was happening. They knew what was going on, but there was no sound of anyone telling Namjoon to stop. They were all minding their own business. It was like you were never there.

You met Jungkook's brown eyes, them seeming to stare into you. His hand grabbed yours, his thumb gliding across your knuckles. A frown was on his face, but he didn't say a word. He just stared at you, probably imagining what was going to happen to you. You didn't know what was even happening anymore. The past few days were a fast blur.

Jungkook said he was always there for you. You two had been together for two years. After the day of graduation of high school, he had came over to your house in a hurry. It was like he was in a total panic. Of course you had followed him. Of course you had gone along with his plans. What were you supposed to do? Ignore the love of your life's pleas? You never planned on that.

The days were going by. Namjoon and him always talked nonsense. You would sit there in the corner, watching all the guys with wide eyes. Some would disappear for ours, then come back and speak to Namjoon in whispers. There was always at least three people in the room with you. There was always someone to talk to, but you refused. You refused anyone's friendship.

Finally, probably after days, Namjoon came over to you, saying that he needed to implant something in you. He said it was painless and short. It was nothing to be afraid of. Jungkook stood by his side, expressionless. He didn't look like he cared at all. It was like he had no emotion over this.

You were now sitting with your back to Namjoon, Jungkook sitting in front of you, his eyes boring into you. You couldn't read any of his emotions. It was like he wasn't even there anymore. This was no longer Jungkook. This was no longer someone you knew and loved. This was someone who was new and terrifying. What were you to do?

"Y/N, take a deep breath."

You followed Namjoon's orders. As you sucked in a breath, you could feel the scalpel cut into your skin. You whimpered as the blade stung your skin, but Jungkook's hand squeezed yours tightly. As soon as the cut was made, it was over in an instant.

"Just this last thing." Namjoon's fingers pressed up against the skin around the cut. Something started digging into your tissue. You snapped your eyes shut, pretending not to feel the digging feeling coursing through your neck. It was an odd feeling, yet it didn't hurt as much as the cut. It was something, much to your avail, better than that. 

The digging feeling soon subsided, an odd feeling of whatever the object was in your skin seeming to tingle your senses. You peeked your eyes open to see Jungkook smiling at you, the first time he had smiled in days. He looked . . . normal. This was the normal Jungkook. You suddenly felt more at ease.

Something inside of you suddenly switched on. Where the cut was, your nerves ran on a fire across your skin, in a rapid motion covering your body. Your eyes widened. It didn't hurt. It was just an odd feeling. Your feet and hands started to tingle, almost like they were cut off circulation.

Hello.

You jumped in shock. There was a voice in your head. It sounded identical to Jungkook's. You looked up at Jungkook, blinking a few times. You could see that playful grin spreading across his face like it always did when he was messing with you. When he was messing with you . . .

"That was you?" you squeaked out, your eyes widening. You didn't notice as you felt a needle pierce your neck, Namjoon closing up the wound. This was such a surprise to you that you couldn't think straight. This, this was something completely new.

Jungkook nodded eagerly. "That was me."

"Jungkook's brain is hooked up to yours," Namjoon said from behind you, not even sounding fazed. "It's definitely a new technology that could be used in the world, but it has its abusive powers. I thought that this would be a good object for us all to have. Jungkook's your monitor, though."

"Monitor?" you asked, giving Jungkook a weird look. You heart was pulsing, your veins running with their blood. "What monitor?"

"Welcome to the team, Y/N," Jungkook said, his hand giving yours a big squeeze. "You're now one of us."