Birthday Princess [V/Taehyung]

So today is my baby, DimensionalQueen's, birthday. Since she's put up with my eyelid getting stuck between my skull and eyeball, me calling myself a cool dad, and just being a meme in itself, she deserves many birthday wishes. Guy, go to her wall and send her love! Love you, boo! Happy Reading! <3

~~~~~

You paced the floor, hugging yourself with your arms. Today was your birthday. You didn't feel older, but you thought he remembered your birthday. You thought he would be there, lying next to you in bed. You thought that he would be there to say happy birthday. But, like almost every morning, he was out in the world, doing his work.

For hours, you had wandered the halls of the mansion, trying to think of what to do with yourself. The maids and butlers said a happy birthday to you, but it wasn't the same as him calling you his princess and wishing you so many birthday wishes with so many kisses. He would do anything for you. Anything you wanted. But, as always, his business was put first in front of everything else.

Your arms hugged tighter around you as you watched the beautiful, vintage clock tick, causing your heart to race even more. People said that you were insane with being with him. People criticized you for being his "pet." You weren't his pet. You were his angel, his princess, his everything. Why did no one get that? Yes, he left you everyday to go out for work, but he loved you. He had said that so many times to you, it never got old. It was three beautiful words that you loved hearing come out of his mouth.

"Ms. Y/N, what are you doing?"

You snapped your head up to look at who had dared talk to you. Yes, you were snappy then, but who wouldn't be at that point in time? You were about to snap, but you saw who it was. There, standing at the stairwell that was grand a beautiful, was your favorite maid: Narni. She was a petite thing, her beautiful black hair pulled back into a pristine bun. No one seemed to bother with her, but she had seemed fragile lately. She looked like someone could break her in an instant. You didn't understand why she was like that.

"It's nothing," you said, starting to pace again. You felt like you were on edge, reedy to break at any moment. It was like you couldn't get him off your mind. You could never get him off your mind. He was an everything that was never to be forgotten. "Carry on."

Like every lower power in the house, they obeyed your orders. Narni would usually come to help you in times like those, disobeying your orders, but this time she didn't bother. You could hear her heels clomp away into the grand dining room, leaving you to pace your small circle, your mind trying to keep up with your thoughts.

Why was he always caught up in work? You didn't exactly know what he did, but you knew it was bad. There was no doubt about that. You would ask about his work once in awhile, but he would just brush off the question like it was nothing. He would never tell you what he did as a job. That wasn't him. Instead, he made you the happiest girl alive with the best possible gifts and love. You loved him back, but you would tell him you didn't need any gifts from him. You just needed his love. He rejected that thought, always surprising you with something new.

Thirty minutes later, and you were still pacing. Your feet were starting to ache. You couldn't keep your mind from going. Maybe he forgot about your birthday. He loved you, though. He wouldn't forget something like this. He was too perfect to forget about something so priceless. You were his everything. He said that you were always on his mind. He never forgot about you. But did he forget about you today? Was this the day where everything could come to bite you in the ass? Would you become nothing to him? You hoped that would never happen.

You suddenly heard familiar footsteps. They were slow and even, almost calm. They were his footsteps. He was walking into the room. You looked up to see him.

He stood there at the doorway that led to the kitchen. He leaned against the doorway, his face calm and collected. He wore a white button-up shirt as always, black slacks, and black dress shoes. He held a jacket that was slung over his shoulder. He almost seemed too perfect. His hair was perfectly done, his lips perfect. His jawline was sharp, and his eyes seemed to pick me apart like always. You two stared at each other for a moment.

"Happy birthday, Princess," he said, walking over ttoypu, his steps even. They sounded loud against the gorgeous spruce flooring. The clock in the corner was still giving you anxiety as you watched him stop in front of you. His coat was still over his shoulder, almost like model. With how handsome he was, it was no doubt he could be one.

"I thought you forgot." You crossed your arms over your chest, standing on one leg while resting the other. Your hip jutted out. You tried teasing him. You were angry, but you also wanted keep him on edge. You wanted to taste his lips against yours. You wanted a birthday present. You wanted him as the birthday present. You were going to give into him at one point, but you were going to tease him until then.

He took another step towards you, closing the gap between. He reached out, placing his free hand on your cheek. He gave you a small smile, cocking his head to the side. You could feel yourself bite your lip as you looked at his. You wanted so badly to reach up and kiss him. You could sense that he was enjoying your fight for your mind. "Why would I forget my beautiful angel's birthday?"

"You left me this morning," you spat, reaching up to take his hand away from your face. You were still struggling with yourself, but you needed to win. You didn't want him to be messing with you. "I woke up, and you were gone. I thought today you would understand that I wanted you here. I wanted to celebrate with you. It's three o'clock now. Is work that important?"

His smile fell from his face as his hand now hung from his side. He looked at you, his eyes seemed to dull their sparkle. His lips were pursed. He looked intense. You could still imagine guests over at your house, him being that intense. It scared you a little. "You know I would do anything for you, Princess. I would give you anything you wanted, but today I needed to go into work."

"Like you always do."

He seemed to fight with himself for a moment. He was trying to figure out the right thing to say. He didn't want to make you angrier than you already were. He was a smart man with his way with words. He knew how to keep them smooth and even. He didn't like to take no for an answer. "What can I do to make this up for you?"

Finally, you couldn't take it. You reached up, grabbing his collar of his shirt. You placed your lips on his. It felt like the missing puzzle piece was gone. You were left with you two kissing, standing in the middle of the foyer. You could feel him melt into the kiss, his free hand landing on your lower back. His touch was almost like magic, making you melt into him even more. You could feel your anger wash away into the magic of the kiss.

You pulled away a little, your eyes opening to meet his brown ones. They didn't look so intense anymore. They were soft and gentle, smiling a little. You could feel a smile creeping across your own lips.

"Is that all I needed to do to make you happy again?"

"Say that you love me."

"I love you, Princess."

A bigger smile came to your face. You could feel yourself shying away a little, but you still kept your face close to his. "I love you, too."

That's when he kissed you again.