Defeat of the Mink [Jungkook]

Once again, I rise from the dead.

Sorry I'm never active with this book. I have other things going on right now(if you want to know why, the first book on my roster on my page is where you want to go to) so sometimes I can't even write until the weekend, which sometimes I still don't have time. Also, there have been updates to my profile, too, so you can go see what's up. 

I wrote this like months ago. I decided to post something on here because I feel like my Wattpad page is dying, so here's something to make myself feel a little bit better. I appreciate any feedback that you guys give me and your kind words. Thank you all, and Happy Reading! <3

~~~~~

She jumped up onto the platform, a large grin crossing her lips. Her limbs were tingling with excitement, the adrenaline pumping in her veins. It was like she was on twelve doses of caffeine but more in control.

She loved it.

She bounced back up to her feet and started back in her run, her heart racing in her throat. She couldn't hear it, but the presence was gaining up behind her. She could feel the aura approaching quickly, the strides much wider from hers. It was almost intoxicating, the excitement and fear all coming through as one emotion, each puffed out through pants while the sweat coated the forehead.

As she ran, she shoved the small object into her jacket pocket and zipped it closed, hoping they didn't see it. She wanted to at least win that round. She had no one to displease but herself, but she wouldn't be displeased if she failed. She would feel defeated, though the drive to fight for more would push her to continue forward.

Turning a corner, she cried out when something clamped down on her wrist and spun her around. Her eyes widened to find her back pressed against the drywall, a face hovering just above hers. Her heart had jumped to her ears, thrumming wildly while she stared at the mischievous eyes that gazed into hers.

"You know the drill, sweetheart," the person said, the male voice bringing back a flood of dopamine filled memories. His voice was even, steady. Not like he had been running at all. "I won today."

Her lips turned up ever so slowly, small pants escaping through her lips. "I dropped it somewhere. There's no need for interrogating me."

"How do I know I can trust you?"

"Haven't you before?"

The man went silent at hers, his head cocking ever so slightly to the side. She had to hold back bubbling laughs from escaping her lungs out into the air. She caught him in his tracks for once. She felt accomplished, victorious. Now to just make a break for it when he wasn't expecting it.

"I need that tonight," he started, his face drawing nearer and nearer to hers. She could practically remember all the memories of tastes and feels and sights. Her heart was practically skipping beats at that point. "You should know that of all things."

"Oh, you always say that," she nagged back, her grin now from ear to ear. "Let's say I won, yes? Then we can go along our ways. Maybe you can find it after our little meeting is done."

"I know you have it."

"How?"

When he didn't answer, she shrugged her shoulders slightly like she was just in as much defeat as he was. Though, she knew the sparkle in her eye could easily give away the destination of the object they both wanted.

She was suddenly rushed away from the wall, being whisked into a tight embrace instead, but there was a moment in time that she could slip away with ease. She tried to take the opportunity of the option, her wrist being snatched away from his grasp, her feet off and running again.

She gave a loud laugh as she went, an audible groan sounding from behind her. The chase was back on, and she knew it. His footsteps were always silent as they went, but he was too predictable with her intuition.

That's probably what would make the two a good team if they tried instead of competed.

While turning the corner in the halls, she spotted a darkened window just down a little ways. Her feet hurried, her mind taken away from the protection of the object and rather the escape; the faster she got out of there, the faster the object would be secure.

Just like offense and defense--but more on the offense side.

Again, the silent footsteps stabbed her in the back like an old enemy she had been holding onto for years. Her hood was snatched from behind, keeping her from making a break for the window. Of course she got choked for a second, but the coughing was short lived while she was spun around to meet his face again.

His past offended face of being a sore loser was gone, leaving his up-to-no-good smile to linger on his lips. Their eyes met again while her coughing disappeared.

Her good was held behind her head to keep her from running off again while his other hand held the small of her back. He tilted his head to the side again, sighing, "Like a slick mink; how suitable for you."

She wrinkled her nose at him, becoming impatient to escape his questioning. She answered, "It's always a hard task when you're involved. Everyone else is so easy to predict."

"And I'm not like them."

She remained silent, knowing that he knew she was quietly agreeing with her. They both knew she was annoyed with it. They'd been aware of it for a while, the constant fighting and stealing becoming an odd tension of different feelings between the two.

"Maybe I'll let you win this one time," he debated lazily, like he was weighing the options. "Just this once."

She felt herself becoming a little too excited at that, so she tried to suppress the emotion. She pursed her lips for a second to mimic him teasingly. "Maybe. It's definitely a possibility."

He raised an eyebrow at her, the option slowly disappearing at her words. She snapped back into seriousness, murmuring, "Sorry. Thank you."

His hands slipped away from her as he told her, "We'll see who'll win next time. Until then, it's always a pleasure to meet with the queen."

She waved a small goodbye to him and tried not to eagerly hurry to the window to avoid anymore contact. She wasn't one for window exits, but she didn't want to risk him sneakily snagging the thing she was after.

Once she was hurrying down the fire escape that was against the window, she couldn't help but giggle out of victory. She reached out to her zipped pocket and undid the zipper, her hand slipping into the compartment. Her heart was fluttering with excitement.

Until there was nothing there.

Her footsteps paused on the stairs, her eyes glaring down at the steel. The excitement and adrenaline disappeared, her body becoming empty and exhausted. Everything drained instantly and puddled down the steps to the landing to the flight of stairs.

He had tricked her. He had snagged it while she was too busy in her excited little fantasy world.

She brought her eyes up to the window she had escaped from, her hands clutching into fists. She was going to win one of those days and be smarter than the one she could never defeat.