Bookmark [Jungkook]

This was requested by JiminieChrist. I'm so sorry that this is late and is super crappy. School is happening and I'm writing this awesome new book based on one of the one shots from this story, so my schedule is everywhere. I hope you like it, though! Happy Reading! <3

~~~~~

I couldn't find that damn guy that Jihoon had been talking about, always saying he had some sort of weird vibe. I had no clue who this guy was or what his deal was, but I was going to find him and talk to him. I just couldn't find him, though.

I had been paying more attention to him at school. I never noticed him before, but now that I did, his odd behavior was starting to concern me. He was more of a loner than anything, keeping to himself, doing something in his notebook. He still answered things in class, but he was quiet, never speaking a word to anyone. After he was paired up with Jihoon, he was brought to my attention.

What was his name again? Jungkook. That's what Jihoon said to me. His name was Jungkook. I asked around for him once, and no one knew him. Not a single soul. I would that very odd. The more I went searching, the more I became curious. The more I was starting to grow curious on the boy that sat in the back of the classroom, doing something in his notebook.

Don't do searching, Baby, the back of my head always told me. Don't go searching for his past. I ignored myself completely.

Walking home from my time out at the restaurant, it was growing dark. I kept fuming to myself, not being able to find Jungkook after school. I just wanted to know what his deal was. Why he was always so quiet. What would cause a guy to be so quiet like that? So in the background? I couldn't think of a reason.

I reached a hand up to my hair, pushing it back. I'll just have to find Jungkook Monday. That seemed like a better idea. That meant more time to dwell on what to say to him. Would it be more like an interview? Would it be more of an argument? I wasn't quite sure.

I suddenly heard a scream rip through the air. My head snapped up, coming to full attention. My head swiveled around, searching for the origin. I couldn't find any. My pulse was racing. I suddenly felt like I wanted to help the person. My legs started sprinting, looking for where that scream had come from.

My eyes scanned around me, trying to find the source. I passed by several alleyways, my eyes looking through each one. After about my fourth alleyway, I came to a stop at the front of it, my eyes growing wide with fear.

In the alleyway was a man being stabbed repeatedly in the head. There was no more screams. I could see him there just laying there limp, someone straddling him, their hand jabbing him over and over again in the face. I stared in horror at the dark figure, watching their knife dig in deeper and deeper into the man's head. The figure looked familiar. Like I knew them.

"Stop!" I called out to the person, my throat closing up from fear. My fists were clenched by my side, my body shaking. "Don't hurt him!"

The person who straddled the man stopped, the knife still embedded in the man's head. My chest was starting to close in from the fear. The thickness of the silence settled in, seeming to close in on my ears. I held my breath, waiting for something to come out of the person's mouth.

Ever so slowly, the person turned their head around, their face coming into view through the darkness. I could see their hooded, black eyes, their pale face glowing in the streetlight. My heart instantly stopped as I took a look at that same sad face I always saw in my classes; it was Jungkook.

I didn't bother saying anything. I turned around, taking off into a sprint. My backpack fell to the ground at where I was standing. I had no time for being worn down. I had no desire to die tonight. I knew there was something wrong with Jungkook. I knew there was more to that quiet kid in the back of the classroom. There was always more to the story.

Something suddenly hit my head. I staggered, falling to the ground myself. My head bounced against the concrete. The world suddenly went dark. There went my moment of escape.

~~~~~

My brain was foggy, but I could feel it starting to come back into consciousness. I could feel my head lull a little, my hair falling into my face. My head was starting to pound with a force. What happened? I could barely remember what had come to me. What even happened while I was passed out?

My eyes fluttered open, revealing a bright light to shine into my eyes. I squinted, looking around me. I could feel something over my mouth, something digging into my wrists. I was confused for a second, feeling my arms tug a little. Once I tugged, they wouldn't move. My heart suddenly felt like it was going to explode.

I tugged more at my hands. They wouldn't move. I kicked my feet. They wouldn't move either. I tried to open my mouth to say something, but nothing would come out. There was something on my mouth. There was something preventing me to call out for help. My heart pulsed, the blood rushing past my ears. What could I do?

A figure suddenly came into view. It towered over my sitting figure. It was taking slow, even strides. "Welcome, Baby."

I struggled some more, my panic skyrocketing through the roof. I could feel my wrists becoming raw by the minute.

When the figure stepped into the light, I stopped my struggling. It was Jungkook, a small smirk on his face. His dark eyes shined evilly. He continued. "I know you've been watching me. I'm not dumb."

My eyes widened as he stopped in front of me. His hands were clasped behind his back. "You seem to be having your little fun there."

I shook my head, pulling at my wrists. I wanted to run.

"Don't be like that."

I wasn't even thinking when I mumbled, my mouth muffled by whatever was over my mouth. My eyes shot daggers at Jungkook.

Jungkook leaned down look down into my eyes. His grin was spreading even more now. "I never thought I was that entertaining to anyone before," he said, his head cocking to the side. "Am I really that interesting to you, Baby?"

I wanted to scream at him. I wanted to scream for someone to help me. I couldn't say anything, though. I was restricted.

"Well," he said, that grin on his face growing, "if I'm really entertaining, I'll let you watch what I do next. It'll be quite fun, actually."

~~~~~

He sat there in his chair, reading his book. He looked intent on reading it, scrolling over the words with his dark eyes. His legs were crossed, his head bowed down to look at the words. The only thing was that he fiddled with his bookmark. But it wasn't any old bookmark.

It was Baby's hair.