A Simple Text [Suga/Yoongi]

This was requested by minkimluvchimchim. I hope you like it! Happy Reading! <3

~~~~~

I could still imagine her sitting beside me, her head against my shoulder while she closed her eyes.

I looked down at the piano keys, trying to make due of them. They all seemed so far off, too many to count. I knew all of them by heart, where my fingers went and what keys to play, but right now it didn't seem natural.

Staring at those keys was like a painful past. I could see her face smiling as I played her favorite song, my fingers racing across the keys. She would laugh when I would play a silly song. She would even sing along to the songs, even though she had a terrible voice. She only opened up to me with her singing.

Days had gone by as I stared at this piano, trying to figure out how to play again, trying to understand how I could race my fingers around without her sitting beside me, day after day. The piano had been my everything before she came along, but now I think she was more of an everything than I could ever think of.

I could still remember the day we met. We had been at school, me in the music room playing some crappy piano that the school provided. That was years ago. She had heard me playing, coming in to see who it was. I didn't notice her when she first walked in, too entranced on my music to comprehend my surroundings.

"Nice piano skills," she said from the doorway, leaning against it. She had a slight smirk on her face. I wasn't sure if she was mocking me.

"Thanks, I guess," I said, looking down at the piano for a moment, as if I was asking for advice from it.

"You know, my mom always wanted me to play piano," she said, walking into the music room. I didn't even know this girl's name, but she seemed pretty nice. She was super attractive as well. "I refused, but you have some serious talent."

"Thanks," I said said again, turning back to the piano.

She slid in next to me on the bench, giving me a smile. Our shoulders brushed up against each other. She didn't seem to care as she placed her backpack on the ground. "Show me your skills. I want to hear them."

From that day forward, we were inseparable. She would come over to my house everyday, wanting to listen to more of my music. She wanted to hear every sound of it. Her love for my music grew into something more and onto me.

"If you try this, I'll give you a reward," she said, giving me one of her mischievous grins.

"A reward?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her. "What kind of reward?"

"You'll see when you accomplish it," she said, egging me on. She grabbed my wrists and placed my fingertips on the keys. She knew exactly where they were supposed to go.

I accomplished her little task with ease. After hearing the song, she turned to me.

"Close your eyes. And close them tight, Min Yoongi," she said, pointing her finger at me.

I closer my eyes in response, but was afraid of what was to come next. "I swear, Y/N, if you do anything--"

That's when I felt her lips on mine.

My hands were heavy as I stood over the piano, tears on my cheeks. I barely ever cried, but I felt like the piano was the reason for all of this. It caused me my pain and sorrow. It caused her to leave me. I was stuck in a trap that wasn't going to let me go unless I set myself free.

I smashed the baseball bat against the keys.

They went flying around the room. The horrible sound of the piano strings cracking together flooded my ears. I was heaving for a breath, trying to catch it. It was all its fault. It was all my fault. All the stupid songs I played for her and all the stupid keys that floated into my ears as I played. It was all gone now.

I smashed the piano again, the wood splintering this time.

A sob racked my body, it coming out in a scream of frustration. My body shook with horrible tremors, the baseball bat's head falling to the ground with a big clang. Tears raced down my cheeks. She left me with nothing. I was nothing without her.

My hands let go of the baseball bat, it falling to the ground. I looked at the piano. It's beautiful polished wood was now covered with sawdust. The splintered wood littered the floor. White and black keys were missing from where I would play. It was a horrible sight to see, but wasn't everything? Everything had lost its color and sound when she disappeared. She was gone because of me.

My body numb, I sat down on the bench that was covered in debris. It didn't matter if I sat on the broken piano pieces. Everything was already broken. I was broken the whole way through after she left me. It was all because of a stupid text.

I placed my elbows on my thighs, burying my face into my hands. With the rusty smell, sawdust covering my hands, and my tears coating my skin, it was an odd thing to conceive.

"I'm sorry I killed you," I murmured, a small sob escaping me. "I'm sorry I ever sent that text."