Bride of the Angels [Jungkook/V]

"She'll do anything for us."

"You're right; she's perfect."

"I really must be crazy," you murmured to yourself, curled up in a ball on the floor, seeming to cower in the corner. The chilly air rested on your skin, the ground cold and hard. You didn't have a blanket. All you had was a thin hospital gown on, your half top of your back exposed to the air.

In the middle of the room was two men, both of them looking at you, one with a smile, the other with a frown. Large wings hung from their backs, black and silky. The one that frowned had brown hair while the other had blonde hair, who seemed to give a smile. You couldn't quite decipher them with their black clothing and wings. You didn't know who they were, or why they were there. All you knew is that they would always watch you sleep, whisper from afar, and seem to plot something that you couldn't figure out.

The blonde one made his way towards you, crouching down. His black wings seemed to encase you two, keeping you from getting out. He kept on smiling, his hand reaching out, landing on your knee gently. His grip was comforting. It wasn't like anything you had felt in months. "There's no reason to be afraid."

"W-Who are you?" you stuttered, looking down at his hand skeptically. He seemed real. His touch was real. But how were his wings real? How did he materialize into your room with the other male? Questions raced through your mind at a million miles an hour. "Are you here to hurt me like all the others?"

He tilted his head to the side, his grip seeming to tighten on you. He was real. You could feel how real he was, how sturdy he could be. You weren't sure what was happening, but it felt like someone was finally there for you. "Hurt you? Why would I--"

"Taehyung, don't say something you'll regret."

The man stood up in an instant, his face suddenly turning beautiful to something you could never imagine in your wildest dreams. His mouth seemed to open up, millions of teeth emerging. His eyes turned completely red, the whites gone. He seemed to screech. Your eyes slammed shut, your hands covering your ears. You were in a nightmare. This wasn't real.

You felt his hands take yours off your ears, his fingers lacing with yours. You could feel tears slipping out of your eyes, not daring to open them up. You could still see the horrific face in your head, watching the teeth slowly coming out towards you. You wanted to cry out, but who would believe you? They would take you to go get "treatment." You hated treatment. It was basically torture.

"Hey, it's okay," he said, one of his hands slipping away from yours, it reaching under your chin to make you look up at him. You resisted for a moment, but he was so superior, you let it happen. "Open your eyes. There's nothing to be afraid of."

"You're not real," you murmured, your tears slipping down your cheeks harder. You wanted to shake him off, to take him away, but there was no escaping a monster. All you could do was wish for it to all pass, for the hallucination to fade away. "You'll never be real. I will not be kept in this place for the rest of my life. I will get out of here."

"Open your eyes." It was as if his words were magic, soothing to the extreme. You swallowed, your eyes following his command. As you did, he had on the same exact smile, trying to reassure you. It was as if none of it happened, his brown eyes smiling along. "See? That isn't so bad. Now, just calm down."

You didn't realize you were hyperventilating. It was as if his words were a lullaby, slipping into your head to put you to sleep. Your lungs stopped their marathon, finally catching a real breath. As you did, it was like the world was okay again. You seemed to be back in your old mindset rather than this new one you had conjured up in this hell of a place. You were free for once.