CHAPTER 1

Song- Thunder by Imagine Dragons

CHAPTER 1

Have you ever felt so mad that you feel like you are going to explode? Like literally explode and destroy any and everything near you? The rage that only makes you see red and wants you to do things you'll probably regret once you calm down? It makes you want to skin whoever wronged you and then pour vodka on their flesh and watch them wither with pain while you think of something even worse to do to them?

Have you ever felt that way? Have you?

Let me tell you, I hadn't felt this kind of anger in my whole damn life. Not even once, and that is saying something, because my best friend and my Pa can test the patience of a saint. They actually managed to make a Rishi cuss when we'd gone to Nepal that one time, but that's not the point.

The point is, I never get angry. Not when Pa and Mom forget to call me for weeks at times, or when Stella (my bff) forgets to stock the fridge and snogs all the warm water on a cold winter morning.

I don't get angry, I just don't.

But right now, as I stare at the 10 inches long scratch on the once pristine red paint of my Mitsubishi that my gramps had gifted me 2 years ago, on my 16th birthday, the same one that I spent the past two years working my mechanical skills on and saving all the money that I could to upgrade it to my comfort, I know I am going to kill whoever did it.

"Calm down, Art" Stella is standing 10 feet away from me as she whispers that nervously, and one look at my face makes her tear at her lower lip even more.

"We can.... repaint it...?" She suggests taking a couple of steps back, and though my eyes are on her, I am distinctly aware of the student body filling the parking lot.

My school mates are talking to one another and laughing at something, all of them blissfully unaware of the volcano that is going to erupt from my core.

"WHO THE FUCK TOUCHED MY CAR?" Everyone stills as my voice booms louder than ever and all of them slowly turn towards me with surprised expressions.

I barely speak in school, not deeming my peers smart enough to talk with them, and in return, the whole student body thinks that I am shy and picks on me.

"Art... you are losing skin" Stella whispers sounding worried and I don't have to look at my arms to know that they are showing saffron fur.

"What, is the freak angry?" I hear an annoyingly familiar high pitched voice.

I don't turn around to face her, instead wait for her to come to me, my ears aching at the sound of the click-clacking of her heels on the gravel.

"Art, don't. Uncle T will kill you if-" Stella is saying urgently, but shuts up when she looks in my eyes. I don't have to be her to know that she is looking into two pit less black orbs.

"What nerd, you finally got your vocal cords?" The blonde plants her feet firmly in front of me, her head cocked to the side, her eyes swimming with malice. Her cronies come behind her, one brunette, the other a redhead and all of them share the same smirk.

"Do you have anything to do with the scar on my car, Alice?" I grit out through clenched teeth.

Alice, the blonde bats her eyelashes, "Why yes, I recon Taylor got a gum stuck on her Jimmy Choos and we had to make use of your car to get it off" She says innocently and behind her, Taylor, the brunette sidekick mimics her expression.

"I hope you don't mind, cuz" Taylor aka my distant cousin, says softly with a mocking smile and that's it. I don't care if my mom disowns me for hurting her, I am going to send this bitch to hell.