CHAPTER 58

Chapter 58

ASHALLYN'S POV

"I heard Luna Delilah sent another letter" I stop in the shadows when I hear my mother's name being mentioned by the servants.

"Oh!" Someone else exclaims, "Do you think Ashallyn will reply this time?"

"Really?" Another one cuts in, "I am in charge of delivering the letters to the Princess and her mate, but I swear I didn't see one from Cameron's mother"

"Are you lying?"

"Why would I lie? Luna Delilah sends a letter to him every week"

"But she usually sends it in the end of the week, and it isn't that time in the upper world yet"

"Y'all are dumb as hell" A catty voice that I recognize as one of Queen's maid cuts in, "The letter was for the Queen, not Ashallyn"

"The Queen?" The three other voice ask in unison.

"Yeah" The Queen's maid confirms, and I walk away from there, my feet taking me to the Queen's chambers.

Why did she get a letter from my mother? Why didn't she tell me herself? Where is my letter? Will I get one at the end of the week? But wouldn't it make more sense for my mother to send my letter with the Queen's?

I forgo courtesy and barge into the Queen's chambers without so much as a knock, and demand, "Did my mother send you a letter?"

The Queen stares at me warily, while my mate jumps in her seat, taken aback by my sudden appearance, and then looking guilty.

What's going on?

My wolf is restless in me, but I keep him in check and stare at the Queen pointedly, because Stella looks too spooked to even speak.

"Yes" The Queen answers and puts away a sheet of paper in a lavender envelope, a way too familiar lavender envelope.

"What does it say?" I ask, "Did I get a letter too?"

"Why don't you check it yourself?" The Queen says as she pushes the envelope towards me.

"MOM! NO!" Stella snaps, but before she can pick up the envelope, I grab it and glare at her. What is up with her anyway?

"Don't read it Ash" She warns me and I raise a brow.

"And why should I not?" I ask, removing the sheet from the envelope.

"Because it is not nice to read someone else's letter" she hisses, trying to take it from me. I raise the letter out of her reach, and ruffle her hair, "Your Mom told me to read it"

"Ash, no!"

"Hold on, mate" I pull her to my side and then read the letter.

Unlike the letters that I receive from my mom, which stretch to at the very least three pages, there are only a few lines in this one.

My son seems to fit in your world perfectly.

I am glad for that.

I have asked him to come see me many times, but he says Stella, you and your people need him down there.

I didn't understand before, and I don't understand now either.

But this past month, I've thought about things a lot, and decided to make changes to a lot of things.

I am no longer going to write to Ashallyn, nor am I going to wait for him to visit me.

Please take care of my son, like I did with your daughter.