CHAPTER 56

Chapter 56

I have no idea how many traffic rules I violate in my hurry to reach Cameron, and all the while, I am praying to the moon goddess to keep him safe.

My hands are shaking, and Mia is on edge, so I am worried that she may try to take control.

I reach the airport, ditch the car and allow Mia to guide me to her mate.

The closer we get to Cameron, the harder it gets to breathe and control Mia at the same time.

I plan to stop and just try to explain to her, but then a blood curdling scream comes from the east, and it feels like the sky is falling down on me.

The closer I get to the place where the scream came from, the more isolated the area gets, and surprisingly, Mia backs down, and just enhances my senses without me having to persuade her to do so.

"Why are you so worried now Cameron?" I hear a slimy voice ask, and I will my legs to go faster.

"Kill a couple of us, come on" The voice coos, "we are volunteering, Alpha"

I don't hear Cameron's reply, but he must've said something, because I hear the same slimy voice order, "Start with peeling his skin off. Today we don't have to worry about his Leech"

"Touch him-" I am panting, so I have to catch my breath before continuing my threat, "-and I'll break each and every bone of your hand. Promise"

A dozen pale heads turn towards me, and I stand still, meeting their gazes with my glare. One if the demon is holding Cameron to the ground, looking smug at being able to have pinned the (assumed) strongest alpha in the world.

"You look familiar" The slimy voice who had been taunting Cameron before speaks and I narrow my eyes at him.

"My fists will look even more familiar"

"Wolf and Tiger" He muses, "are you perhaps Teague's daughter?"

I cock my head to the side and answer, "I fight like Teague too"

"Get gone, little girl. We don't want to get involved with you" He shoos me away.

"Too bad you already are" I say, and then, without further ado, I shift into Mia and jump at the demon holding Cameron down, aiming for his jugular. He trued to throw me off, but I tear off his neck before he can succeed.

When Cameron is free, he is on his feet, and I stand in front of him, baring my teeth at the demons, daring them to come any closer.

"We are outnumbered" Cameron murmurs and does he have to be so obvious at a time like this?

"I can defend myself and even immobilize them, and you can kill" He suggests and I snort, because did he really think that I'd come without backup?

We just need to hold on our own for 10 minutes max, before Leah is here.

"Attack the Alpha" Slimy Voice orders and immediately, all 10 of them have us surrounded.

"Too scared to get your own hands dirty?" Cameron taunts him and I want to smack him, because now is not the time. "Or are you just worried that I might snap and end up killing all of you?"

The demons take a noticeable step back, and for a moment, I really want to know what they think Cameron is capable of.

"That's the point, boy" Slimy Voice doesn't sound as confident to me as he first did, and why is he slowly walking backwards. He can't seriously think Cameron is stupid enough to kill them.

I let out a roar, and successfully have Slimy Voice's eyes on me, away from Cameron.

Before Slimy Voice can open his mouth, Cameron comments, "Her bite is far worse than her bark"