CHAPTER 55

Chapter 55

"I don't even want a life partner!" Leah whines and I scowl at her, because she is standing at the door and causing a scene.

Cameron, who is undoing the laces of his shoe, stops and gives her a look.

"Too bad you can only see the future, and not control it, right?" He snaps and I shut my eyes because I know any second now, the lady across the hall is going to open her door to enjoy the free show that the two of them are putting on.

"Why can't you just go around killing a couple of assholes and take over the position of Oracle? She doesn't want you anyway!" Leah snarls and there she is, our nosy neighbour, her footsteps sounding close to the door.

"Take it in you two!" I hiss at them at the same time Mrs Kim opens her door.

Leah turns towards her and glares.

"Can't you mind-"

"Leah! Inside! Now!" I order firmly and now that Cameron has exchanged his shoes for slippers, he pulls Leah inside and shuts the door at Mrs Kim's face.

"It's been a month already!" She whines, "Why can't we give up already?"

"Because we can't" Cameron says, walking towards the kitchen.

I go to the living room, and she follows me.

"So why are we looking only in Canada? Why can't we go elsewhere?"

"Because Cameron said your life partner is here"I remind her, angeling my body sideways so that I can keep an eye on Cameron in the kitchen. He's drinking water.

"But what if Cam's wrong? I mean we've been in Canada for more than five years, and I've never met a man I'd like to be wth more than once" Cameron shuts the fridge's door and walks towards us, and says, "That's because you haven't met him yet"

"How can you be so sure that it's a 'he'? I could be a lesbian for all you know" she snaps.

"You slept with a man the first night I was here" He reminds her, and then, looking genuinely interested, asks her, "Are you by any chance bi?" He asks, raising a brow.

"She isn't" I answer for her.

"I could be though" Leah pouts like a child.

"You are or you aren't? Because if you are, then we'll have to broaden our search" he points out.

"Till date, I haven't been attracted enough to a female to bed her" she answers grudgingly and Cameron nods looking thoughtful.

"We'll find him soon, Leah" Cameron reassures her.

"Well we'd better find Prince Charming soon, because I really feel lonely at night" she hisses and I laugh.

"You mean sex?" Cameron asks and she gives him a look.

"Uh... You could just go to a bar and-"

"And what?" She growls, "don't you think I've tried?!"

Oooh, interesting.

"What's wrong then?"

She looks away and lets out a forlorn sigh, "It feels wrong"

"Wrong? Why? You haven't found your life partner yet, so technically, you are not doing anything wrong by sating your body's needs" Cameron tries to be reasonable, and I know Leah is going to rip him into pieces for that logical reasoning.

"Well you and Art are not together either, but you don't see her going around jumping a random hot man on the road do you?" She says snidely and I shake my head.