CHAPTER 37

Chapter 37

"What are you doing?!" S screeches when she sees me pull the man off the hood of the car.

LA is the only one who is sleeping now, Alice freaking out woke S up.

I can smell the man, and hear his heart beat too, which calms my erratic heart beat to normal.

"He's a shifter" Captain Obvious, aka Cameron comments.

Alice is far away from us, her eyes transfixed on the man, her lips moving wordlessly.

What is up with her?

Under the headlights of the car, I lay the unconscious man on the ground and after silently watching the blood pool around him, slap him.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" S shouts at me, but I don't turn to look at her. Instead I stare at the guy.

"Wake up little bitch" I hiss and smack him again.

"Oh Gods! Cameron! What are you looking at? She's obviously lost her mind! Pull her away from him... Oh my... Should I call 911?" S panics.

Cameron, on the other hand is staring at me with eyes that see too much.

The door of the car opens and LA steps out, stretching. With a yawn he asks, "Why did we stop?"

"Art offed somebody" S bites her fingernails.

"Already?" LA asks rubbing his face. I shake my head and smack him again. Harder this time.

He doesn't manage to hide his flinch this time. The bastard is alive alright.

"He's alive Stella" Cameron tells her.

"After Art got her hands on him? Impossible" LA says leaning against the car.

"I didn't hit him on purpose!" I snap glaring at the useless piece of shit laying on the ground, pretending to be dead. Moon! I should really kill him for giving me such a scare.

"Then the poor sap might just live" LA says offhandedly, and then he sniffs the air, "Wait... Why does he smell like..." he trails off and jogs to us.

"Please tell me that I am dreaming" LA whispers and before I can tell him to shut up, the bastard opens one eye and then the other and smirks.

"Of me, Lucifer?" He asks tartly, "Already?"

"Gods above and below Artemis! If you are going to hit somebody with your maniac driving you might as well off them!" LA snarls at me.

I roll my eyes and sit down on the ground, Indian style.

"So... Do you guys like... know him?" S asks. Cameron who was kneeling besides me gets up and scans the car's hood. The blood needs to go, it is making me queazy.

"Hello Beautiful" Julian smiles at her.

"Uh... I can't really see your face dude" S says.

"Oh! Yeah... You don't smell like a furry" Julian cocks his head to the side, "But know this sweets, I can see your face just fine and can I say, you are drop dead gorge-"

Before he can complete his complement, we hear a feral growl and I am taken aback by the anger behind it. My head snaps towards the source of the growl and there Alice stands, her eyes as dark as the night and her body visibly shaking.

"Woah girl" LA tells her, "Calm down. He is alive and we know him very well, so he is probably not going to press any charges and even if he does, Cameron here can pull some strings and get Art out and-"