CHAPTER 3

Song- My House by Flo Rida

"No" I don't even have to think twice before giving my answer to Aunt Delilah.

"Excuse me?" She glares at me, "I am ordering you, not asking you. Big difference kiddo"

"No" I repeat. "Not happening, Luna Delilah"

"Art" She warns me, but I am on a roll.

"As it is, I have to share my home with Stella-"

"Hey! I thought you loved me" S exclaims with an exaggerated pout. I ignore her.

"I am a tigress for crying out loud!" I hiss. "I hate people. I cannot have 5 shifter teenagers in my home. It is my territory... and they... I don't even like them" I point in their general direction, not even caring that they can hear me.

"Your 'I-am-a-tigress-I-need-my-space' card is not going to work on me, Art. Need I remind you that Teague and I shared the same roof for eons?" Aunt Delilah is having none of it.

"Pa put you on it, didn't he?" I glower at the thought of my Pa going behind my back and telling Aunt Delilah to send some stupid wolves to keep me company.

"He wishes" Aunt Del snorts. "That man doesn't have the guts to make you uncomfortable, even if it is for your own good". Stella backs her up with "I know, right?!"

"Why are you doing this Luna Delilah?" I kneel in front of her and she smiles sadly at me.

"Just for that exact reason, my darling. I am your God Ma, and yet you address me with my title. You are too damn distant from everyone, Art" She runs her hand on my hair and on cue I pull back slightly.

"I am not distant!" I deny instantly.

"When was the last time you came to see me before today?" She asks and I frown, not able to remember when the last time I saw her was. I shake my head and say, "But I am here now!"

"When was the last time you talked with Liv?" I try to remember when I talked with Mom last, and once again I come to a blank.

I want to tell her that I am just returning the favour by not trying to connect with them as they did with me 10 years ago, but I don't. She wouldn't like to hear that from me. And I really don't want Auntie Del to be mad at me. So instead, I change strategies.

"I talked with Pa just this morning" I point out and she glares at me, "That was because you didn't have your guard up for once, so he got through to you to get you to leave Taylor alive"

Somebody snarls and I take it that it is either Taylor or Tyler. Either way, I don't give a damn.

"I... they can call me on my cell phone, anytime they want" I say pathetically and Aunt Delilah shakes her head.

"You do realize that this conversation gets pathetic every second you continue speaking, right?" She tells me and I frown. "Also, they cannot call you because they don't get phone reception in the town they are in right now"

"But Auntie, I cannot have all five of them living in my house... I just cannot. There isn't enough room" I lie.

"There are 12 rooms in your house, Art" She tells me and before I can argue, she points out, "And I am not even counting the basement and attic and the game room and theatre room and pool room and the basketball court"

"But-"

"It's getting late, and oh! I almost forgot. Warrior Rey said that he expects to see you tomorrow morning at 4 am for training" I am gaping at my God Mother and she just turns towards the other "The same goes for all of you too" and then to Stella she says, "You too, darling"