CHAPTER 38

Chapter 38

"So Juju" I purposely use the name Julius, his half brother uses for him, "How's Julius doing?"

"Fuck you" He grumbles.

"Aw... Come on. Gimme some dirt! How's that hottie of your brother doing these days?" I tease.

"I can't answer to the 'how', but I can answer to the 'who' and it isn't you" He says snidely, making me grin. Alice gasps and I can just imagine what is going on in that head of hers.

"Really? So... Whom is he fucking now?" I probe, not really caring.

"Some Noble chick that Uncle picked for him" He shades his eyes with his arm and grumbles, "Why are my arms feeling so..."

"Because it is almost brushing against mine" Alice points out and instead of answering, Julian scoots away from her.

"Huh... It is better now" He sighs.

I see Alice's face fall, so I quickly start talking again.

"He replaced me with his betrothed?!" I gasp.

"The scandal" Julian says sarcastically.

"How can he break my heart so?" I whine.

"You wouldn't put out, what else did you expect?" He cocks his head to the side and gives me an innocent look.

I let out a loud laugh. "Innocence doesn't suit you"

He lets out a growl in annoyance which only makes me laugh harder.

"May I know why you aren't opening the portal that Artemis claims you possess right here?" Cameron asks oh-so subtly.

Juju and I share a look.

And then something dawns on me.

"Oh My Moon!" I breathe out and then I am laughing so hard tears are streaming down my face.

"What is happening to her?" Alice asks worriedly.

"Probably having a bitch stroke" Julian flips me off. Cameron on the other hand steals glances at me.

"I just realized something" I try to sober up as I say.

"Not interested" Julian hisses.

"Oh... But you wanna hear this" I waggle my finger at him, "Considering the size of your brain, I'm sure this hasn't crossed your mind as of yet"

He glares at me, and I watch amused as he unintentionally scoots closer to Alice, his body craving it's mate's touch.

It is kind of weird watching another tiger find his mate, when I was convinced that we tigers don't mate for life, my Pa obviously being an exception.

It gives me hope.

Which is the worst thing ever because my birthday is the day after tomorrow, or if you want to be technical about it, since the next day has officially started, my birthday is tomorrow.

Ugh!!!

I have to remember that Julian is part demon. And he probably got his mate because of his demonic heritage.

Yes, that's it! I have to focus on that. Nothing else matters. Everything else leads to heart ache!

"Are you going to share your insight?" Julian asks impatiently.

"How much are you willing to bet that Julius is at your father's place in the underworld?" I ask.

"Is that your big revealation or something? In that case, I already know that his mom disowned him and he is staying at Dad's mansion to learn some kind of new magic, trying to refine his spirit or some shit" Julian flips his hair off his face.