CHAPTER 6

Chapter 6

Song- No One by Alicia Key

I stand at the side of the garage, waiting for my five beloved guests to get their wheels out first, my eyes unintentionally jumping to where my Mitsubishi is parked.

S has it covered now, but I still feel an ache when I look at it, wanting to hug the car and weep, and bash its windows at the same time. S is beside me and she shakes her head at me, calling me a stubborn weasel whilst shaking her head in disappointment.

I don't think she gets just how much that car means to me. A non-living thing shouldn't have that much control over me.

"Hey!" I jump out of my skin when Victoria taps my shoulder.

"What the-" I shake my head and wonder how the hell she managed to sneak up on me...

"Sup?" S asks her, standing in front of me, as if protecting me and it is comical, considering how I have nearly 4 inches on the both of them.

"Can I ride with you guys?" She asks with a hopeful look on her face and her question throws me off kilter.

"Huh?" S is as confused as I am, but since I am the brains in our twosome, I recover first.

"Sorry Victoria. Pa's Lamborghini is only two-seater" I tell her honestly, wondering why she'd ask us in the first place.

"Oh... sorry-" She starts to back away.

"You two can take the lambo, and I can ride the scooter" S suggests, and I want to argue, but Victoria is already doing that for me.

"Oh, no. No... I don't want to put you guys out... I was just asking because... forget it..." She starts to walk away, but an idea strikes my mind.

"Hey Victoria!" She has almost reached her cousin's car when I call out her name. Said cousin is glaring daggers at me, which I skilfully ignore.

"Change of plan, S" I turn to my best friend.

"You can't be serious" She looks at me with wide eyes.

"I am" I give her a strained smile.

"But Art-"

"I'll go bonkers if I don't let Mia out ASAP" I tell her honestly and then, "I'll be at the school by the third period" I promise.

"Art-" She doesn't get to say whatever it is she wanted to say as Victoria is already by our side.

"Yes?" The Gamma's daughter asks us.

"I am skipping the morning classes, so if you want, you can ride with S" I tell her curtly, and S jabs her elbow in my gut making me frown.

"What are you waiting for?" S asks her, "Get in the car or we'll get late. I have Mrs K for my homeroom and she whips latecomers' asses"

Waiting till all of them have pulled out, I run inside, and start searching for my spare set of clothes.

Once I have found them, I get out of the house and start stripping on the porch.

Bracing myself, I change into Mia, my beast who is neither a wolf like my Mom, nor a tiger like my Pa, but a hybrid of the two of them.

My body is that of a wolf's, but my fur is my Pa's. Saffron with black and white strips.

I let out a growl, but it comes out like a roar, and I mentally smirk when I realize I am still more tiger than wolf.

'Hey, Mia!' I try to communicate with my beast but as usual, she ignores my attempt. No wonder I don't let her ungrateful ass stretch as often as I should.