CHAPTER 32

Chapter 32

"This session was... surprisingly productive" Cameron comments as I pack up my binder.

"Yeah" I don't tell him I read all I could about today's topics in the free period that I had.

I remember what LA had asked me to ask Cameron, and even though I told LA to stop being a wuss and just ask him himself, I am curious too.

"So..." I start.

"If this is about last night, then there is really nothing to say, Artemis." He uses that 'to-be Alpha' tone of his to say that, annoying me.

"It's not about last night-"

"You are pack and you needed me, so I did what was expected of me" He adds, making me smirk.

"Really now? You'll go around holding females in their heats when their mates are not around? Wonder what the future Luna will think about that" I say snidely.

A look that I can't quite decipher falls on his face, so I promptly ignore it.

He lets out a low growl and the librarian jumps in her seat. She sends us a distressed glare, but doesn't say anything outright.

Before he can say anything, I ask the question LA wanted me to ask, "So... back to my question" I cup my chin in my palm and stare at him, "Now that you know your mate is not from this pack, are you like... going to go and look for her in other packs?"

He stares at me for a moment then shrugs, "I'll wait for now" He says, his words measured.

"Oh" I nod. "It would be cool if you went to other packs though, you know?" I shrug. Maybe LA and I could tag along and look around... See if the Moon blessed us with a Mate too... And Stella too. She could look for her birth parents.

Before he can say anything, my phone rings.

I frown and stare at the screen. Mom's face flashes on it.

I contemplate not picking up but Cameron gives me a look.

"We are in a library. And your phone is ringing and the lady behind the desk looks like she will burst a nerve any given minute, so you might as well pick up the phone" He preaches.

Peeking at the librarian who has a sour look on my face, I pick up the call.

"Hel-"

"Where the hell are you?" Mom snaps.

"School?"

"Really?" She asks sarcastically, "Because Stella and Victoria are already here"

"I-"

"I don't understand why you lie to me! What is wrong with you?!"

"Mom-"

"I am so disappointed in you Artemis" she says and I have had enough so I shove the phone towards the boy who wanted me to pick it up in the first place.

He rolls his eyes before speaking in hushed tone with my Mom.

I shove my binder in my bag and roll my eyes when I hear how sweetly my Mom is talking with him.

I pull out my headphone from my bag and wait patiently for him to hang up. I have to go home with him in his car today too, so I came prepared.

When he is done, I snatch my phone from him, get up and leave. For some irrational reason, I cannot stand him at all right now.

🙈🙈🙈

The car ride was tense, to say the least. Neither of us said a single word the whole time.