CHAPTER 49

Chapter 49

DELILAH'S POV

"ULYSSES ASHER BLACK!" I scream at the top of my lungs as I run down the stairs to the living room, where I know he is. I pass quite a few pack-mates, who look surprised seeing me acknowledge my Mate's existence.

When I burst into the living room, I see Ulysses sitting with Tulia and Damon.

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU NOT TELL ME ABOUT CAMERON's VISITS TO THE UNDERWORLD?!" I growl glaring at him. He gives me a long look, before sighing and looking away, making me angrier. Is he just going to ignore me?

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I TALK TO YOU, YOU COWARD!" I shout. Tulia stands up, Damon mimicking her.

"Calm down Luna Delilah" Tulia hisses.

"Fuck off Tulia" I sneer, not really wanting her to butt in in my business.

"Luna-" Tulia starts but one look from Ulysses has her zipping her mouth.

"Answer me Alpha Ulysses!" I snap at him, and he turns to look at me. I knew calling him by his title would get me a reaction.

"What would you like to know, Luna Delilah?" He asks lazily, and though I sound angry, he just sounds bored. Bored and cold, like he doesn't care about what I have to say.

"Why did I not know that Cameron has been frequenting the Underworld all these years?" I ask again.

"Would you have cared?" He asks with a smile.

"DON'T FUCKING PLAY WITH ME, BLACK!"

"With all due respect Luna" Damon starts, "Cameron told you each and every time when he left for the Underworld"

I stare at him, "NO, he didn't" I deny.

"Where do you think he was going when he said that he is going to meet Julian?" Tulia asks me with a sneer.

"I-" I don't know!

"He has been going down there to help the Queen" Damon elaborates.

"Ed told me that Cameron killed the demon King, why was I not informed about it?!" I demand instead.

"Because nobody knew about it until Cameron did it" Ulysses whispers, his eyes turning dark.

"What do you mean nobody knew?" I snarl, getting angry. My son could have died if things hadn't gone as they did, and I wouldn't have known.

"It was supposed to be the Queen who killed the King, but she wasn't strong enough" Tulia starts, her voice barely a whisper, "so Ashallyn volunteered, but Alpha Black didn't want Ashallyn to risk it, so he was supposed to go down there, but Cameron didn't want Alpha Black to go down there, considering that he has already been down there before, so Cameron went instead to figure it out..." She trails off, a distant look in her eyes. "Alice told me that S wanted Ashallyn to kill the King, and Ashallyn had been training for it for three years too, but he didn't have the heart to do it, he is more innocent than anyone gives him credit for... so Cameron stepped in"

My knees wobble and I sit down on the floor, staring into oblivion as I wrap my mind around the fact that I could've lost my son.

"Leave" Ulysses says, and for a minute I think he is telling me to leave, but then Tulia and Damon walk out, leaving me alone with Ulysses.

He gets up and walks towards me, getting on his knees in front of me.

"Don't look so dull Sugar" I am sort of taken aback when he uses that old nickname. It resurfaces so many memories, and with a pang I realize that in the past 5 years, this is the first time he has called me that.